Friday, June 22, 2007

Do I look like a freaking people person!?!

I was looking through a catalogue my mom has and saw this calendar thing with that (my title) saying on it and so fell in love. lol. Isn't it great??? So me!

Anyway, how is everyone? I feel like I have a whole new life here. I'm working 40 or more hours a week, which I know is normal for a lot of you. But I've been a part time worker for the past 6 years so it's taking some getting used to. Also the fact that I'm in management, like someone will ask me permission for something and I think to myself 'why the hell are they asking me?' then it hits me and I'm all OH YEAH! Yup, a real dumb moment, but we won't tell the workers that. lol.

There is this one woman that works at the store and OMG I've already got a million stories about this chick! She is 52, married with two grown children and one grandchild and I have no idea how she got this far in life! No I'm so not joking. You ask her a yes or no question and get a 5 hour answer. It drives me nuts. As I sit here and try to think up stories I realize that you either have to work in retail or meet her to know what I mean. It won't come off as good if I just tell you about it. But I'll try. Here's one example:

Last week I handed her a box and said 'can you tag these?' Now mind you this box has been sitting in our safe for awhile now and I was pretty sure everyone knew untagged merchandise was in it, so when she gave me a look of total and utter confusion I said (slower) 'there is merchandise in the box, look at the receipt attached and match that number to the number on the tag, then tag it and put it out.' The light bulb goes on, or so I think, she sits down at a case and opens the box (a case as in a diamond counter that customers walk up to and is open to the entire store), just then a customer comes in. In her haste to get the customer she just ups and walks away from the box of merchandise sitting on the case, so I say 'M put away the merchandise first', she turns back and I swear to God says 'OH there's merchandise in there?' WHAT THE HELL DID I TELL HER? WHAT THE HELL DID SHE THINK SHE WAS TAGGING? WHAT THE HELL DID SHE JUST SIT DOWN AND LOOK AT IN THE FREAKING BOX? Is it me here or is she a bit batty? After that she put the box away and went to help the customer and proceeds to then working it out to herself out loud. As in she is with a customer and muttering under her breath 'oh yeah, that would make sense that there was merchandise in there, oh yeah. okay now I get it'! Needless to say the customer did not buy from Miss. Crazy.

I've got so much more on her (as in the 24 year old BOY she is messing with!) but I'll touch on that later. lol. I'll leave you hanging for the moment. You know to get you back again. lol.

~ Nicole

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That woman is freakin crazy!! Just goes to show you that no matter where you work, the people will suck! (At least that once bitch ass is gone from your life though!)

Glad you're back!

Nicole said...

Thanks, it's good to be back. Although I'm sure it will never be back to the extent I was before since I work more and all that but still, I'm here.

And yeah, I am thankful to be rid of the other woman. And I'm working on getting this one out of my store!

Anonymous said...

SHE'S ALIVE!
Welcome back to the world of blogging.

Lori said...

Oh, ICK! 52 with a 24 yo?! Gross. Yeah, sexist, I know.

Welcome back! I can totally relate to the part time to full time thing. I went through it last year. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Approvingly your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you send, wish look audacious in the direction of more interrelated articles promptly as its united of my pick subject-matter to read.