Thursday, July 26, 2007

Am I really a bad mom???

Okay here's the thing....Josh just signed Jordon up for flag football. Now if you all remember last year we did the football thing, but it was real tackle and all, and Jordon did NOT like it! lol. We ended up pulling him mid season. It was to much, he was one of the youngest and smallest boys and he was getting so bullied by the 7 year olds on the teams. But Josh has been practicing with him, flag style, and he loves it. So here we go again.....

He will be having three practices a week and when school starts going down to two. If you ask me I think it's a little much for 6 year olds. But whatever. Here's where I'm wondering if I'm a bad mom. Josh came home from the registering parent meeting and is all gunge hoe on the football stuff. I just am not really interested, I don't particularly like sports. I don't care if my kids play it but it doesn't spark my interest. Well Josh is all "you need to participate and be there and blah blah blah" and my thoughts are 'you signed him up! you have the job where your done at 5! you like football' why the hell am I getting the guilt trip over this?!

I mean when he has games I will make sure I am off and there. I will try to like it and I will love watching him play. BUT why do I have to go to his practices? Josh is there, isn't that enough?

So tell me the truth. Am I really a bad mom????

****TOTALLY OFF TOPIC****

You all know I am the Assistant Manager at the store I'm at right? Well before I was there obviously there was another one.

Well she went out on maternity leave, and that's when I got hired on. When just recently she came in and said she was coming back I was told that 'we didn't' expect her to come back after the baby' WTF!

So as of now there are going to be two AM's in the store, and on the DL I'm being told 'no worries, we're transferring her'.

And then the manager is all 'she may be AN Assistant but she's not MY Assistant. YOU are.' Me rolling my eyes!

So whatever, normally I just wouldn't care. I mean hey, we could really hit it off and work as a team, right? Hell no. All I hear is that she is super bossy and always wants to be in charge and that she is constantly stealing sales etc. etc. But I know I should wait and make my own opinions.

But not to mention she just had a baby and she is like a freaking size 2! That'll make you hate a girl, lol.

Anyway she comes back today and opens with me. So Josh is all why are you up so early? And I'm all I wanted to get my clothes ready and do my hair and make-up so I can get to work early. He's all why? And I'm all "Cause I'm going to be better!" lol. He's all 'your such a child'. lol.

****END OF TOTALLY OFF TOPIC****

~ Nicole

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You are totally better than the freaking-size-two-just-had-a-baby-lady. Knock her down.

Michelle said...

1. You're a great mom!
2. You're hot! Who cares if she's a size 2...just break her over your knee.

Unknown said...

No you aren't a bad mom! If you were a single mom, you'd have no choice but to be the one to go. You don't have to go to the stupid practices, unless of course, you are off work and Josh can't make it. Why don't they have that their "guy" time and you and Abby can do "girl" time then? As long as you make it to most of his games (its unrealistic to think you'll make all of them), you are A-OK. Just watch out for those single moms on the prowl seeing your man being all Super Daddy!! lol

That sucks about the other AM. You show her who's boss!!

Angela said...

You aren't a bad Mom! My Mom never went to my brothers football practices and he turned out to be a total Momma's boy! Just be there with the kisses if he comes home sore!

Anonymous said...

hey stranger. sorry i havent commented in a while, i have been stopping by, but i've been in a blogging rut and so have been very quiet

congrats on getting your tattoo! I know yoi've wanted one for a while, must say, it looks great!

*~*Cece*~* said...

I don't think you're a bad mom. I would hate to do football if I had a boy b/c I don't freakin understand it! lol My husband has tried SEVERAL times to explain it to me. Nope. Wasted breath. lol

Don't let anyone push you out of your job. Go get 'em!

Michelle said...

Where are you?