Wednesday, April 26, 2006

American Idol

OMG if there is one thing every week I cannot miss it is American Idol. And it's kinda funny cause I always watch the very beginning of the show when the judges go from City to City and we see all the auditions. I always get a kick outta that part, then I usually skip over the part when they first go to Hollywood. I usually don't start to watch it again till they are down to the final 12. Well this year I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of the people I really liked in the auditions go to the finals. Some are gone now, like Lisa Tucker, but a lot are still here, Katherine, Chris, Elliot..... So every Tuesday and wendsday I race to the t.v. dying to hear my favorites singing for me again.

Last night I had to work so I tivo'd AI, but the second I got home I know you can guess what I did....Yup you got it. AI was on the t.v. not a second after I got in. I was a little worried about last night because Andrea B. was the singing coach, and I thought they were going to have to sing his music. I was like "hmmmm, opera? Chris? Ummm, NO!" lol, but thankfully it was just 'Love songs'. Still I was a little worried for my man Chris, soft music isn't really his thing. Well at least that's what I thought before last night. OMG was I the only one that was totally blown away? I think he knocked it out of the park! I am so not even going to delete it off of my tivo just so I can listen to him sing that song over and over and over. LOVE HIM! This morning I was dropping my husband off at work and was listening to the radio and they were talking about the show and so they would play bits of the contestants songs on the radio, and Chris sounded just as good on radio as he did on tv. I was however shocked to hear the radio d.j.'s (Chio in the morning, on 94.5 fm)saying that they thought he yelled some of the song. What??? Are they nuts? So I'm wondering, what did everyone else think? Cause me I didn't think there could be one faulty thing to say about Chris, but obviously my praise of him isn't everyone's thoughts.

Now Katherine was a different story. I thought she did good, well better than good. I don't think she picked a song that was to big for her, cause I think she definitely has the voice to carry that song. But I don't think she gave it her all. There were parts were I was expecting her to belt it out and I was a little let down. I don't think she did as bad as the judges were going on and on about. Yet again the d.j.'s this morning were singing her praises as if it were her best performance yet. Which lets all admit the truth...while she's one of my favorites, it was not her best to date. And OMG was it just me or was she showing more than she was covering? Okay I'll admit if I had the boobs I probably wouldn't have hesitated to wear a dress with that top, but it was soooo see through when the lights were on her, and the slit? OMG, there was one part where she moved and I thought we were going to see all the way up to .... yeah you know where. lol. And someone really should have told her that her underwear was digging into her hips giving her panty lines. Oppps, little dress malfunction last night. But you know when it comes down to it, Kat is in my top two along with Chris. So I love her.

Now I have been a fan of Elliot from day one. I know, I know, everyone says he doesn't have the AI 'look'. But you know what, look at a lot of singers that have been up there at one point and time that were so not attractive. Baby Face, Boyz II Men, Justin Timberlake (yes I went there Dylan, lol) and on and on. If you have the voice and make it big, people tend to fall for you weather you've got the looks or not. We fall for the voice for the magic. Elliot has the magic, just close your eyes and you can get swept away with his voice. But in saying all that I didn't think last night was out of this world. I thought he did great but the way the judges were going on you would have thought he freaking brought down the house. Maybe it was just the song since it wasn't one I knew really well. Who knows.

As for the rest, I can run through them in a few sentences or less. Kelly, good voice but boring song, no emotion. Tyler, good voice, not great, okay performance. Paris, no denying she has a strong voice, but for some reason she doesn't do it for me, I don't get excited over her.

But all that is just me. And I'm curious, what do all of you think? Am I right? Were the judges right? Were the radio D.J.'s right?

1 Comment:

Rowena said...

OMGosh, I totally agree with you about Chris' performance because girl, that man was out of this world last night, I went and downloaded the song afterward because I wanted to hear the song again and again...that's how good he was, OMGosh Chris should be the next American Idol!

Katharine's performance in some parts were forced, like when she was trying to throw the mic stand all over the place and she was stomping all over the place, I was like, Whoa Kat bring it down a notch, will ya? But I think her vocals was great, not her best performance by a long shot but I wasn't bored by her performance.

Now Elliot, I hella thought he did great last night, he took a song that wasn't popular AT all, because I didn't know what the hell song he sang, but he sang it...he brought it and I agree with you, he may not have the AI look, but I think he's handsome in his own way. He's not JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE HOT (yes girl I said it! LOL) but he's not 50 CENT UGLY either, ya know? And it doesn't even matter what he looks like when he sings because once he opens his mouth, the boy's got some pipes, I really want him to be in the top 3...and if he goes home tonight, it's going to be all my fault! *sigh*

The others were just blah to me, Paris, good voice but like you she irritates the crap out of me. Kellie NEEDS TO GO HOME already, her time is UP! She sucked again last night, picked a boring song, her vocals were just OKAY, in some parts of the song she was pitchy and flat. GO HOME KELLIE!

Taylor didn't wow me either, JUST ONCE I would like to see him in the bottom three and then I want to see him go home....gosh!