Monday, April 23, 2007

Friends

Are you a good friend?

Usually I tell people I'm not a great friend.

I mean I'm good in the sense that I will always love you always have your back never allow anyone to disrespect you or anything, and when it REALLY counts I am there. But bad in the way that I forget things (like random get together dates set up), don't call sometimes, get busy with my kids and work and not have time for you.

So I don't know, does that mean I'm good or bad? Or just normal?

I get annoyed at my friends though when I don't get a basic respect that I give. And I don't think that's to much to ask for. I give you my utmost respect and honesty all the time. Even if I totally forget I said I'd do something with you I will tell you that instead of lying to you.

So if I am mad at you I tell you. If I want to do something and it may or may not hurt your feelings? I'll tell you.

I don't sugar coat things, I'm blunt and straight to the point.

I'm a bitch sometimes but I think at the end of the day I'm pretty damn good to my friends. And I'm sick of finding out that I don't always give my friendship to deserving people. It's a waste of my fucking time.

So, this post doesn't really have an exact purpose. Nothing in particular happened. There have been random things going on with different people in my life lately and I just wanted to vent.

But I am interested in what you have to say. What is a true friend to you? Are you a good friend? Are you always honest or do you think there is nothing wrong with a little white lie every once in awhile?


~ Nicole

8 Comments:

Holly said...

WTF? You could have just called me....

Anonymous said...

I'm a give it to me straight, don't tell me I really look skinny in those jeans when I don't kind of a girl. If you have a problem with me, then tell me and don't pussy foot around the subject until I confront you. I have too much shit going on in my life to deal with other people's crap.

holly- *snort*

Unknown said...

I feel your pain completely girly. I have a VERY busy life and most people don't realize that I'm lucky to be able to have a five minute conversation with Mike before we pass out at night, let alone have a girls night or talk on the phone for hours everyday. One friend in particular says she doesn't want to be friends with me anymore because I don't make time for her and her kids. Um. Hello. I was there when her first baby died. I was there when her sister died. When she was in the hospital on bedrest bc she went into premature labor with her second child, I was at the hospital every night for that whole three months....when her baby was born, I was there every night to stay with her while her boyfriend went out and partied. Ugh! I guess I went on a bit of a tangent there but what I'm trying to say is that while I may not be there for day to day things, I will always be there for her for the big things and that is what should be important. Friends drift and life changes and gets hectic, theres not a whole heck of a lot we can do about it. That doesn't mean we can't count on each other. Especially since we've been friends since 6th grade!!

I'm sorry you are going through this............

I'm with Nikki tell me I look fat if I look fat. Just do it gently.

And don't say I look five months pregnant when I'm ten weeks cuz that's just ignorant. lol

Anonymous said...

you're just normal. to me a good friend is someone who telss it like it is, but i HATE more than anyting when someone arranges something with me and lets me down at the last minute with a pathetic excuse. genuine, fine, pathetic, drives me crazy!!

Rowena said...

Wait, who are you talking about?

Chantal said...

Sounds like you need a hug.
Are you a huggy type person? Some people are not, I find.

Want me to kick someones ass for you? :)

Shantu said...

Sometimes I get too focused on one thing, and tend to forget who I'm leaving out. Maybe I'm not a great friend, either.

*~*Cece*~* said...

Life happens, girl, don't beat yourself up over it. We're not 12 year old girls, we're women with families & jobs. We might not always have time to chat on the phone and hang out on the weekend. And anyone who EXPECTS you to, IMO, is rude. Family comes first (in my book) and I make time for friends.

I only get to see my best girls once (twice if I'm lucky) a year. And that's enough for me. We're all busy w/our families. I think its normal.

{{hugs}}