Friday, November 24, 2006

Clay and Kelly....what do you think?

The Incident

So all this drama happened on Monday I think. I am not a big fan of morning shows so I did not see this live. But as I'm sure we all know a big enough stink was done up over it that everyone has heard. And I'm not going to side here and say I love one and not the other. I love Clays singing, I think he's great. Doesn't mean I think he should be putting hands on others mouths. Kelly I think is funny but do I think she's a interview hog? Yeah. But that doesn't mean she was wrong here. Soooo...My take? Hands are dirty and in all honesty you don't know where any one's hands have been, regardless of their sexuality. They shake someones hand so now on their hand they have their germs the person's hand they shooks germs and everyone that that other person touched germs. And even if we were to go into it being of sexual orientation, why would it be a gay thing? Even if he was straight, which none of us really know, you still wouldn't want his hands on your mouth! Touch a man touch a woman don't put it on my mouth!

Rosie outs Clay on The View

But of course Rosie has to see it has a homophobic statement! Why am I soooo surprised? Goodness this woman blows things out of proportion! First of all she kept saying that she just feels so bad for Clay. Well if she feels so bad for him why is she sitting on her show and saying he's gay? He's never even said it, don't you think that is a little wrong??? I do! And she said Kelly has her perspective and she has hers, Ummm let me think here. NO! Kelly said it, so what Kelly said it means is not a perspective it is the facts! Wake up Rosie. Think before you speak Rosie, think before you speak.

Clay and Tori Reenact the Clay and Kelly Incident

But obviously it wasn't as bad as everyone was saying it was for Clay, or at least he put on a front that it wasn't. He is seen here joking about it with Tory Spelling. So ha ha, is it going to be dropped now? Most likely not. What's the fun in that right?

Kelly Ripa Rips Clay Aiken

But in the end I can say that I don't think it was such a big deal that Kelly needed to go into all this with Regis. I mean say that you think it was wrong that he had his hand on your mouth, fine. But to make it like this is some horrible person now? Come on, give the guy a break. Regis is right, Clay was probably nervous. But who knows, we'll never know what he's thinking since he seems to keep so much to himself.

I just really think Rosie got out of line with this one, but that tends to be my thoughts on a lot involving her. And no that doesn't make me a homophob! lol. So what are your thoughts? Come on, I want to here, no matter who you agree with on this.


Here is the story all wrapped up in a nut shell from two different reporters. So if you didn't want to watch all the other video's I put up, pick one of these and you'll be all caught up.

The Insider on Kelly Ripa/Clay Aiken hand incident


Perez Hilton on GMA

11 Comments:

Isabel said...

Why Rosie see this as a homophobic statement, I don't know. I mean, I wouldn't want anyone to put their hand over my mouth. They may have a cold, they may not wash their hands, they might have clammy hands etc. Ewww.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I caught some of this too ... Rosie's a whack job with a humungus chip on her shoulder. Everything she sees is tainted by the bitter glasses she peers through to view the world.

First, why is Kelly getting the shit? Becaue she's "straight and white"? If Kelly was black and a man put a hand over her mouth, people would be UP IN ARMS! You know damn well if a man pulled that on Rosie, a gay woman, she'd be tearin him a new butthole!

Clay was in the wrong because he belittled her in a "why don't you go back to the kitchen because you just talk too much, woman" typa thing, and ALL women should be defending HER!

Second, It was not a homophobic comment. It's something say in passing to anyone, gay or straight, as a joke- especially if they are ticked.

I'm telling ya, I would be pissed too if someone put a hand on me to "shush" me while I was doing a job in such a public arena.

And I've only heard innuendos about Clay before, certainly nothing from him, but it looks like Rosie just "outed" him.

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm not a big fan of Kelly, Clay or Rosie. But I wouldn't want some strange guy's hand on my mouth after he's been shaking hands with the audience. I don't even want Gord's hand on my mouth :(

Nicole said...

Teena,
You know! I'm not a big fan of any of them either, I like a few of Clay's songs but that's about it. Hands are just so yuck to me. Hold my hand fine, but keep it from my mouth.

Zeek,
Girl I love ya! You always go the extra mile and speak even more of what was on my mind that I didn't get out. ha ha. Perfect!

Big Boobs,
Why would this be a joke?

Izzy,
Kelly said his hands were cold and clamy too! lol. Gross. And I don't see the homophobic part of it either.

Digital Fortress said...

I’m neither a fan of Regis & Kelly or Clay Aiken and I can’t stand Rosie O'Donnell at all.

I watched the videos though and it does seem to me like Kelly was hogging that interview, she doesn’t even take a breath to allow Clay to jump in. Does that give him the right to put his hands on her mouth though? No, although I took it as he was doing in jokingly. It was wrong though. Looks like he did roughly too…her head kind of went back when he did it and I agree nobody wants a stranger’s hands on their mouth.

Rosie’s views on things tend to be in the extreme and I can’t even stand to look at her. To go and say this guy is a homosexual when he himself hasn’t even addressed it seems wrong to me.

My opinion is that being gay seems to be too much compared to being Black, Hispanic, Asian or any other race…which it shouldn’t be…it’s your sexual orientation… technically nobody can tell by looking at you, nobody needs to know it, nobody should care. What you do in your bedroom with another consenting adult is not anyone’s business.

I don’t think that Kelly gal was saying anything wrong, she was acting kind of rude, but she didn’t like him putting his hands on her mouth. Big deal.

Kristie (J) said...

I can't stand Rosie either so I think she's off her nut!! But I was watching something on ET and they showed a picture of Kelly doing the same thing to Regis as she went a bit nuts about what Clay did to her. I find the whole thing amusing though.

Nicole said...

Kristie,
I saw those vidio's too. And while that is hypocritical of Kelly I think (even though it's gross either way) it's alot differant if some stranger has their hand all up in your mouth or if it is someone you really know. Not that it makes it any cleaner. lol.

Big Boobs,
Oh your completley right. It is funny how much is being made over this crap. But I don't think Kelly did it for attention. She gets enough as it is.

Digital,
I'm so with you on the gay thing. I mean how come everyone wants you to tell them if you know of someone that's gay? You don't go around saying "Oh that's my friend such and such. And he's straight." so why would you do that when the person's gay?

Rowena said...

I think Kelly Ripa is weird, I think Clay Aiken is gay and I hate Rosie O'Donnell..that's what I think.

Anonymous said...

I don't liek either Kelly or Clay. They both just grate on my nerves. But...I can understand why Kelly would be all grossed out that he put his hand over her mouth. I'd freak is ANYONE did that to me. It's just nasty...espeically if it's a stranger who did it. After I finished gagging, I'd smack them right in their mouth. But hey, that's just me. lol

As for Rosie, this woman really is annoying. She turns everything into a political issue. She twists things to suite her own agenda, be it gun control, gay issues, adoption -whatever.

Anonymous said...

I like Rosie and Kelly, but I think Rosie was wrong to say that Kelly was making a homophobic comment.
I would not want his hand on my mouth, thats for sure. I'm bisexual and my brother is gay so my thoughts have nothing to so with Clays sexuality. Rosie should have neevr said that at all.

I have seen the clips of Kelly and Regis putting hands over each others face but that is different. Regis and Kelly have known each other for years. They are good friends on and off screen. I can see why Kelly doesn't want Clay..who is a stranger to her..touching her face.

oakleyses said...

jordan pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet online, ugg boots, burberry pas cher, prada outlet, chanel handbags, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, nike air max, air max, ray ban sunglasses, gucci handbags, christian louboutin, polo outlet, michael kors pas cher, oakley sunglasses wholesale, kate spade outlet, nike free, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin uk, oakley sunglasses, nike free run, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, jordan shoes, longchamp pas cher, polo ralph lauren, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin pas cher, tiffany and co, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe, cheap oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, replica watches