Thursday, January 4, 2007

Are you kidding me???

Two nights ago I went to the gym and since I didn't have my card on me I brought in my license in my gym bag. Then I didn't even need it the guy just let me in.

Yesterday I went to exchange a NEW bed set that had a spot on it when I opened it and realized I didn't' have my ID cause I left it in my gym bag at home.

No worries I did an exchange here the day before and they didn't' need my ID. I go in get my new bed set and what do they ask for? My freaking ID. I tell them that I didn't need it the other day (of course I was a smart ass. She said it wouldn't let her go any further in the computer and I said "Oh it changes day to day? Cause yesterday it let you."). And they tell me that if you return something within 24 hours you need ID, if it's later than that you don't. WTF! Explain that to me. So I say "fine I'll be back in a couple of hours when it will be more than 24 hours" and she says to wait till tomorrow and it won't ask so I said "I will have my ID tomorrow, that doesn't help me now and you said 24 hrs. so that's when I'll be back". Now of course I wasn't going back again in a couple of hours but they pissed me off.

Then I asked if they could hold the bed set till I get back and she has the freaking nerve to tell me she doesn't have the room. So I flipped a little and said something like she can't freaking do an EVEN exchange for me when I have my receipt and now she can't even hold it for a couple of hours??? So she held it. lol.

Sheesh, where is the customer service??? When I left I said to myself, out loud, "Stupid woman" and Abby says "Mommy that's a bad word" and I said "That's a bad lady". lol.

Then I went to Famous Footwear to exchange Josh's sneakers for a 1/2 size different and they freaking don't have that shoe at this location. He looks it up and says sorry it's not available for home delivery either and I'll have to travel over an hour away cause that's the only store that has it. And when I asked he said no he can't have them transferred here for me. Why the hell not? Don't act like I'm crazy for asking. We transfer stuff store to store for customers all the time. It's called good customer service.

Then I wanted to run to the mall and exchange some NY&C stuff I have and I know they need ID so I couldn't even do that. Uggg.

So annoyed.

4 hours later I had picked Jordon up from school and taken Abby to dance and since we were out decided to go and get the bed set since I now had my license on me.

I get there.....the woman pretends she didn't know who the hell I was.....I tell her.....she does the exchange......AND DIDN'T EVEN NEED MY FREAKING ID THIS TIME!!!!

Enough said!

~ Nicole

13 Comments:

~ames~ said...

Ouch Nicole. She was just being spiteful-for sure.

Nicole said...

Oh don't I know it! She freaking left my ID sitting on the counter then handed me back my reciept and said "It didn't ask for it this time...have a nice day." BITCH! I wanted to smack her. lol.

Unknown said...

I'm assuming you were at Target bc thats the bullshit they pull on me all the time.

Last year my mom had open heart surgery so my brother (who lived in Washington) went and got her some comfy jammies that were linen so they wouldn't stick to her stitches but buttoned so she could get them on and off easy. Well, after my brother went back to WA my mom tried them on but the top was too small (she's got HUGE boobs). When I went to Target WITH the receipt they wouldn't let me get the money back (they didn't have any of the jammmies in her size) so I could go somewhere else and buy them they wouldn't let me bc my brother used his debit card and its a WA address. The only way they'd let me do that is if my brother called with his bank card number. So I had to do an even exchange for some pants for my mom and go somewhere else and buy her jammies. They didn't bend the rules on the pity factor. They suck.

Your story is hilarious. I'm not ballsy enough to actually tell them off. I was in tears and they said stop trying to get pity. That girl got fired, I think.

Unknown said...

Why are my comments always so damned long?! lol

Nicole said...

Cause you just love to chat on my blog and I have such interesting posts. lmao. But that's just what I came up with. hee hee.

Anyway. Girl if I was with you when that girl told you to stop trying to get pity I would have ripped her a new one. I would have had her boss and her bosses boss there in a second and demanded she be let go on the spot for her disrespect then gone to corprate with it! They would have been soooo sorry they didn't give you what you asked nicely for to begin with!

Target is horrible with returns/exchanges. You know they have a rule that your only allowed two returns every six months (or a year, I'm not sure) without a receipt or it might even be with a reciept.

I went to return a toy we got Jordon but decided against and I had lost the reciept. Well I paid cash so I told her I'd take a store credit and just get something else.

Guess what all the rules and restrictions were on it? I had to exchange it for one thing in the same department that cost equal or more than what I was returning. WHAT??? I couldn't buy a few other things, or use it multiple times. Nope, just that one time. I yelled at the poor girl even though it wasn't her fault and she was nice about it. That's what she gets for working at a stupid store.

Even though my sister worked at Target this past Christmas and I still love their stuff.

lol...

Now THAT was a long response.

Rowena said...

I can see if you were asking for money back, them being snobs about the whole ID thing, but when I worked at Wal Mart, you did have to input the customer's ID during exchanges ONLY if they were over $50 and the customer wanted cash back or the money credited to a card.

And the reason they have the return policy, which is pretty much the same at all those stores is because they get returns all the time from people who buy things, use them once and then bring them and because of those select few STUPID IDIOTS out there that do stupid exchanges all the time, EVERYONE has to pay for it.

But dude, I still don't understand why she couldn't do the exchange without your ID, you didn't want money back and you wanted the exact same bed set, she was probably being a little stupid ass about it, because she could have SO done that return without your id...what an ass!

Anonymous said...

Over here, you just need the receipt, you don't need ID.

It's ok though. BREATHE!

*~*Cece*~* said...

That sucks. Well doing almost ANY holiday returns SUCK! Glad you got your bedding, though!

Chantal said...

I would have reacted the same way as you.

Thats why I was never good at being a waitress. If people where snotty with me, I was twice as snotty right back them. I didn't give a rats ass about them being customers. They were jack asses, and they deserved my wrath.

Nicole said...

Chantal,
yeah you can only take so much, huh? lol.

Cece,
I know,especialy returns from my sales. lol...out of my commission.

Serendipity,
Thanks I needed someone to tell me that. haha.

Dylan,
See I needed you to be my sales girl that day. You would have helped me.

Anonymous said...

I can so see this happening to you. Wish I had been there. :)

Unknown said...

I still love Target too....I just avoid that specific store. But their return policies suck so bad I have to ask myself a hundred times if I'm sure that I really, really want/need it!

Mailyn said...

Dude that sucks! Ugh I hate returning anything because if it's not one thing it's another and you end up always getting into a fight with someone at the store.