Monday, January 8, 2007

Open mouth insert foot

Last night my mom had all her kids over for dinner. Now that my youngest sister has moved out and my other sister with her baby is now living elsewhere with her boyfriend, she (mom) only has my brother in the house with her and my dad. Oh and my grandmom lives with them. But Jose is barley there that much anyway. Soooo she has decided to make a every other Sunday family dinner for us all to go to. I like the idea.

Josh was of course invited but didn't come cause the Eagles were playing. Yeah he thinks the games all weigh in on him being at home with the TV in the right place and him wearing the right Eagles attire. I'm so not joking. One time they lost and he said it was all my fault cause I didn't have his grey boxers cleaned and he was wearing blue ones instead (wrong color). lol. MEN! So he stayed home cause they only win when he's home.

Anywooo, after dinner we were all having coffee and ice cream. And no surprise but me my sisters and Kristin (my youngest sisters housemate) ended up sitting at the table long after everyone else was done and doing other things. What do girls do when eating ice cream, drinking coffee, and left to themselves? Gossip!

My mom had just informed us of a young girl from our church was pregnant and so it sparked the topic of how many girls from a certain generation of youth in our church got pregnant. I know we are horrible, but whatever my sister and Kristins sister were included on the list.

About half way into our conversation a friend of my mom's walked into the house and went right into the kitchen. Me, Hannah and Kristin all saw this but since Sarah had her back to the door she didn't. Bad bad thing.

About a minute later I turned to Kristin and said another name, I whispered it cause it was the daughter of the woman that just walked into our house. Not even ten seconds later Sarah yells out the same name! Me, Hannah, and Kristin stare at her with wide eyes of horror and bust out laughing.

Sarah's all "What?" then after we told her that that girls mom was in the other room she says all loud "Oh I didn't mean so and so I meant (another person's name)" OMG she was so bad at trying to play it off. But it was really funny! I'm just glad I didn't say it. Cause even if she didn't know what we were talking about it was obvious we were gossiping and it's never good to hear your child's name thrown into it.

Opps. Can't wait to see what happens at our next family dinner.

~ Nicole

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

Men!! And, of course, its because YOU didn't have them clean. Not him.

Hilarious! Don't you hate when stuff like that happens?! Your poor sister!

reviewer said...

Oh thats funny! lol
I have put my foot in my mouth a few times like that.

Holly said...

OMG! how funny!

And Josh is a straight up freak. He needs to adapt my attitude. They're going to lose no matter what I do. Accept it and move it. lol

*~*Cece*~* said...

Oh that is too funny!

On Xmas Eve, I was (next door) at my sister's house (making Spanish Rice), I had my back to the back door & was talking crap about my aunt's looser husband when guess who walked in? My aunt. LOL I don't *think* she heard me, but we're close enough that if she called me out on it I'd tell her exactly what I was saying. LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm so lucky that something like that has never happened to me. I know it will though!

Rowena said...

LOL...MODED! Stuff like that always makes me laugh.

And Josh reminds me of my brothers, they're the same way but with the Lakers...and woo hoo, Lakers won last night! =)