Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Your loss is my gain!

Okay so tell me what you think about this....

Last week when we were cleaning up the store to close I found a bag with shoes in it. They were actually the shoes in the picture but with a different pattern on them. Cheetah print, in a bad way.

If they were the ones in the picture I might have kept them, lol. Or not they really weren't good quality. Wet Seal. Anyway I put them in the back of the store thinking someone would come to claim them sooner or later.

Well that was over a week ago.

My boss's last day of work before her vacation was on Friday and she told me that she didn't care what happened to the shoes but to make sure they were gone before she got back. Cause they were cluttering up the back room.

Soooo last night when I was working I looked in the bag and the receipt was in there and they were paid with by cash! Woot woot!

I returned them and got the cash! OMG am I horrible? What else should I have done? I really needed the cash too so it was like a gift from God. lol. It was only $25.

Comon honest thoughts here, am I a bad person? What would you have done?


~ Nicole

13 Comments:

Anonymous said...

too bad the shoes weren't cute. i've been looking for a pair of leopard print that don't look whorish.

Nicole said...

Yeah these? Not so much. lol. Welcome to my blog. I just stalked your entire blog, you are to funny!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You are so not a bad person. Its not like you returned them right away....you waited an ENTIRE week before doing anything about it. You could have thrown them away instead but why have you and the pseudo owner lose out on it? I most DEFINITELY would do the same thing. To me, its no different than using Travis' birthday money as a floater til I get paid, which I did. So any haters out there, pooh on you.

If the persons wallet with ID had been in there, you would have made sure they got them back right? So. No guilt. There was nothing you could do about it.

reviewer said...

I would have done the same thing, except I wouldn't have told a soul.
rotfl.

Nicole said...

Chantal,
LOL! You would have kept it your dirty little secret huh? lol. Well what's the fun in that? This made from some fun blogging at least. I was having a brain fart and had nothing else to blog on.

CSR,
You have me rolling! I totally use Jordon & Abby's money (Birthday & Christmas, amoung other times) as floater. I mean what do they know if they spend it on monday or friday when I get paid? Right? You should see their piggy banks. I swear they have like 10 IOU's each from me and Josh. Sooo bad!

DC said...

It's always a give and take with God, so you have to take at every opportunity he gives you.

Nicole said...

DRAKE! Missed ya, glad to see you around here. lol. And I must say I like your take on the situation. ha ha ha.

Isabel said...

I don't think it's wrong. I would've done the same thing. :)

Anonymous said...

I would have done the same thing. After all, a week was given, if they really wanted them, they'd have retraced their steps and found them.

Nicole said...

Sarah,
Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by and posting.

And you and Izzy are right. Hmp! lol, I did give her enough time. Her loss!

Nicole said...

FA,
Yeah I'm not all THAT thoughtful! But glad you are.

Unknown said...

She did give it charity....it's called the Jazzy N Gas Money Fund.