Friday, March 16, 2007

It got A LOT worse

Well after I got my keys out of my car (read here if you haven't read about that)I headed home. I needed to pack up some clothes for the kids since they were supposed to sleep at my mom's tonight, and I had an appointment to get my car inspected.

The weather outside was getting steadily worse but I never shy away from driving in anything and have never been in an accident because anything weather related. Well today was the day I guess.

As soon as I merged onto the highway I could tell it was icy, and there were cars everywhere. I had already passed two accidents. So I wasn't going fast, but as I started to move into a different lane my car started to slide.....

I totally freaked. I tried to get control of the car, I remember trying to break but then thought that would make it worse so I let up. The car just started to spin and I started to pray out loud and scream. My kids were screaming in the back seat (thank God they were in their seats) and it had to be a miracle cause I didn't' hit any other cars, it seemed like they almost disappeared during my accident.

I remember spinning out then going in the opposite direction and slamming into the guard rail and spinning again. I don't remember where I stopped just that as soon as I was done I pulled into the shoulder. I was shaking so bad and screaming to see if the kids were hurt. Jordon was crying, he hit his head on the window.

I think that was my biggest fear, what was on my mind the entire time everything was happening. I didn't' want my kids hurt or their life to end yet. I was so scared for them.

But Jordon seemed to be okay, not really a big bump or anything. So I then got out to check the damage. Well my headlight on the passenger side fell off and my front bumper was hanging on by a thread. And once I got home Josh said there was damage done to the metal under the bumper and all. NOT good.

I barley made it home since the roads were so bad and my alignment is not majorly off. But I did. I am not going to work tonight I am still really shaken.

So just pray that none of us have anything wrong. Like you know from the impact and all. My back is all tight but it might just be because I am tense from nerves. Lets hope.

~ Nicole

12 Comments:

Marg said...

Oh my goodness...that sounds terrifying. I am glad that you are all okay though. I used to hate driving in the snow when I lived in the UK - I guess because it was something that we don't have to worry about here it completely freaked me out when I suddenly had to figure out how to do it!

Anonymous said...

i hate driving in the ice, but at least no one was hurt, it's scary tho when something like that happens, so i totally get how freaked out you were.

yerdoingitwrong said...

oh girlie. You've had a rough week!! I'm glad everyone is okay!!!! I hope you're indulging in a guiness or something equally yummy for St. Paddy's. You deserve it!

reviewer said...

Holy shit! my heart was beating so hard while reading that.
Thank gosh you and the kids are OK.
Phew!

Arn't children seats amazing? My kids are all pretty tiny, so even my 8 year is still in one (a booster)

Nicole said...

It's really bad right now, we have about 7 inches of piled up sleet and it is still comeing on strong. It's not supposed to stop till tomorrow morning.

The roads are sooooo bad. There are a ton of accidents.

My uncles pastor has a 17 year old daughter and her school got let out early because of all this. Her car went out of control and hit a dumpster and she died. It is soooo sad.

I hope there aren't anymore bad accidents.

caramaena said...

How scary. I'm really glad everyone's ok.

Unknown said...

Your car spinning out is probably the scariest thing that can happen to a person. Luckily, you did the right thing. You shouldn't slam on the breaks....just tap. Anyway, like you said, hopefully the back pain is more nerves and stress related than anything.

nath said...

Oh God Nicole, I hope you and the kids are all right... Winter driving definitively sucks.

Digital Fortress said...

Wow! Well, I am glad you and the children are okay after that scary incident. That was terrible. I hope you are accident free from now on.

Deb said...

Wow----glad you're okay and I'm relieved to know your kids weren't badly injured. God was definitely looking out for you! :)

Anonymous said...

oh man that sucks. i hope everyone recovers from the shock!

Rowena said...

Shitball Nicole!

(((HUGS)))