Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wedding Bells Survey

I stole this from CSR, who stole it from Izzy....you get the point.

Where/how did you meet? At church

How long have you known each other? 9 1/2 years, or maybe a little more

How long after you met did you start dating? 6ish months

How long did you date before you were engaged? A year and 3 months

How long was your engagement? A year and one week.

How long have you been married? Almost 7 years, OMG that is a LONG time!

What is your anniversary? Wedding~ 7/8/00, Together~3/21/98

How many people came to your wedding reception? About 200

What kind of cake did you serve? Do you know I don't even remember what kind of cake it was inside? Like I know it wasn't chocolate or anything, but I don't remember if it had filling (I think it did) or anything, I just remember my Grandmom made it, it was delicious (so everyone says), and it was soooooo freaking gorgeous. It had white rolled fondant icing, and yellow and white Daisey's all over it (fresh).


Where was your wedding? Cerimoney at our church, and the reception was at a hall.

What did you serve for your meal? Basic reception food but I don't really remember. It was buffet style. And there was a lot of it. Hey my family is Italian and Puerto Rican, there's no other way to do it.

How many people were in your wedding party? 7 Girls, 7 Guys, 1 Ring Boy, and 2 Flower Girls.

Are you still friends with them all? Pretty much. The girls were my two sisters, my aunt, my cousin, my best friend (to this day) and Josh's two cousins. The guys were Josh's brother, my brother, Josh's cousin, my cousin, Josh's best friend from high school, and two mutual friends.

Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? No he laughed, he laughs when he's nervous. Me on the other hand? I balled. lol.

Most special moment of your wedding day? When everything was finally over!

Any funny moments? Oh how bout when I was leaving my house to go to the church and my aunt stopped by. She wanted to see my garter belt so I lifted my dress to show her and these guys rode by and cat called out their window. lol.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Any big disasters? I was getting dressed and realized that I left my ... what is it called? the puffy skirted slip thing that makes your dress puffy? Well that, I left it at Josh and my new condo. lol. My dad had to run and get it. I was all stressed.
Oh and how bout I have 8 aunts, all married and one uncle also married, not to mention over 20 something cousins and I totally lost it and freaked out while trying to get them all together for a family picture.

Where did you go on your honeymoon? Cancun, Mexico.

How long were you gone? I think 9 days, I can't remember exactly. lol.

If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? I would have had my ceremony and reception outside like I originally wanted but everyone talked me out of doing.

What side of the bed do you sleep on? Left

What size is your bed? Queen, and we need a new one. My mom bought this for us, but when we get the new one it is soooo going to be a California king.

Greatest strength as a couple? Understanding each other. Most of the time anyway, lol.

Greatest challenge as a couple? Money??? Isn't that always the case. lol.

Who literally pays the bills? Josh, I used to but I just hate doing it.

What is your song? All my Life by Kaci & Jojo

What did you dance your first dance to? See above.

Describe your wedding dress: Princess dress! White tool bottom with sequins in random spots, sweetheart neck (I think that's what it would be called) all lacy, lace straps, long train, and a laced up back.


What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? My girls carried traditional yellow and white daisy's and I carried white and yellow roses.

Are your wedding bands engraved? No.

How old were you when you got married? I was 18 and Josh was 19. Soooo young, I know. lol.
But I love him even more now!


~ Nicole

9 Comments:

Unknown said...

I forgot my bride underwear at our apartment (I had all my goodies from my bachelorette party already packed and forgot to take those out!) so I wore white cotton briefs from Victoria Secret that my neice picked out the day before when I bought my "Travelling Panties". She was like "You can wear these for your wedding cuz they're white!" (She was four at the time!) So I was totally rocking almost granny panties at my wedding!! haha

Nicole said...

LMAO! That sucks, although it could be better than mine. I had VS thong on that matched my corset, or whatever it was called. But they were soooo uncomfortable. Now I like thongs, but this one? Uh-uh. Not good. lol.

Deb said...

What a sweet post- and sweet that you two met in church. And family pictures always has some sort of 'drama' to it, doesn't it? Then later on in years, it's funny looking back thinking about the whole scenario that took place.

Great list!

Unknown said...

Well the silliest thing is that my mom was freaking out because my underwear was my "blue" (It had a blue bow that attached a "mini veil" to the butt and detailing) so I didn't have anything blue. Then I reassured her that my throw away garter had blue.

Its amazing the silly things worry about!!

Anonymous said...

i met my hunny through his dad!!

Nicole said...

CSR,
You had a veil on your panties! lol, awww, so cute. haha.

Serendipity,
HELLO! I'm offically tagging you for this! I want to know all your wedding stuff.

Kookie said...

Cool post, Jazz! I loved reading it...just like I loved the pics you posted before of your wedding but reading about the little things about the event was really kewl! :o)

Anonymous said...

ok, its up!

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.