Monday, May 14, 2007

WE GOT IT! WE GOT IT!.....We're growing in leaps and bounds!

Remember I told you all that the house we wanted to rent fell through? Well we've been looking like CRAZY ever since trying to find something to move into by 6/1....well we looked at a few this weekend and saw one we REALLY liked.

It's a townhouse, 3 bedrooms (large ones!), 1.5 bathrooms, living room, dinning room, eat in kitchen, family room, wash room, yard, and garage. It's two levels and I loved it at first site! Josh was a bit weary when we pulled up cause there seemed to be lots of people out (it's on a culdesac) but I love that. Neighbors you can talk to and know, kids to play with ours. And Josh said it didn't' look like it was going to be big enough. He was pleasantly surprised. We both ended up loving it. It is a block and a half from the school Jordon will be going to (he'll be a walker), and the school is a good one.

The landlord just called 10 minutes ago and said it's ours! WE FREAKING GOT IT!!! We sign the lease this weekend and move in June 1st! I'm sooooo happy, excited, and relieved. Come on everyone...big sigh of relief!

On other news. This past weekend I went to a surprise birthday party for two of my aunts. One was turning 40 and one 50, the one that turned 40 lives in Florida and came down for the surprise. So in talking to Missy (40 yr.) I told her how I keep in touch with her son and my other cousin from Florida via myspace. She then asked me if Anna (my cousin) showed me pictures of her sister. I just looked at her...NOBODY even told me my aunt was pregnant again! I was so mad! This is the conversation we had:

Me: Uh, this is going to sound really bad...but I didn't' know Cookie was pregnant.
Missy: Oh nobody did.
Me: (thinking it is really odd that she kept her pregnancy a secret, what is it? A love child not from her husband???) Ummm, okay. Well how old is the baby?
Missy: 19
Me: What?
Missy: 19
Me: (looking at her like she's nuts) What are you talking about?
Missy: Cookie had a baby when she was a teenager and gave her up for adoption. She just found Cookie about 6 months ago.

Yup, can anyone explain why I was like the only person in my family that didn't know this! When I asked my mom why she didn't tell me she first acted shocked that I didn't know, "how did you not know that?", I mean the obvious reason is because SHE is my mother and she didn't tell me. Then she says "don't you remember me telling you that all Cookie's friends thought Hannah (my youngest sister) was Cookies baby and I took her to raise her since they look alike?" Me, "NO, I think I'd remember that!" Sheesh!

So I just found a long lost cousin, I've been myspace messaging with her since this weekend. My cousin's girlfriend had a baby last weekend, my other cousin's wife is due any time now....AND I found out another aunt of mine gave a baby up for adoption awhile ago (she/he would be around 21 now) my mom's step mom gave a baby up for adoption before (she would be around 35ish, or younger) and I knew my cousin gave a baby up about 7 or 8 years ago. OMG! Is this not all a bit crazy?!

Let me just tell you how big my family already is, and this is just my mom's side! My mom is one of 10, all my aunts and one uncle have kids, there are 28 cousins in all, and there are 6 great cousins. I guess that's what they'd be called. Actually there are 7 if you count the one my cousin gave up for adoption. Sheesh. Oh and the cousin that just found my aunt is pregnant, so there's another one. lol.

Thank God I don't buy for everyone in my family for the holidays, huh? I'd be more broke than I already am. But in all honesty? I love my family, and I love that it's a large one. The more the merrier.


*the baby is my cousins baby girl. the picture of all the women are my aunts, my mom is the second in from the left. the other pics are of me, brother, sister, mom, and cousin.*

~ Nicole

13 Comments:

Chantal said...

uh yeah, thats not something you would forget, lol

That baby is sooooo sweet!

Anonymous said...

Cute baby!
Congrats on the house!

Unknown said...

Just a quick CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAATTS! I'll comment more later, just needed to get that in really quick.

Isabel said...

Very cute baby and congrats on the house. :)

caramaena said...

Congrats on getting a great place. Sounds perfect for you.

Marg said...

Congrats on getting your new place! Now you'll need to get cracking on the packing!

Deb said...

Homewarming party or what? CONGRATS!

Unknown said...

Okay I've re-read your post a couple of times and STILL don't get the chain of all those adoptions and cousins, etc. That being said, I LOVE having a big family too, most of the time, except when one person is made at another and you get put into the middle. That really sucks.

My family has been wedding and baby mania the last two years. Ridiculous! It seems like every Saturday for the past two summers I've either had a baby shower or a wedding shower or an actual wedding to go to. Agh!

So you've finished packing your 40 boxes of books, I'm sure, so when will you actually pack real stuff?

Rowena said...

Congrats on the house girly!!! And that baby is sooo cute!

*~*Cece*~* said...

Congrats on the house!!!! The size of your family sounds just like mine! Don't you just love it!

~ames~ said...

Congrats on the house and the new found family. I come from a big family and it drives me up the wall. LOL

Mailyn said...

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!! Congrats on getting the house!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats great news! So happy for you!

Sorry I've been a bit slack at commenting. Things have been a bit mad.