Thursday, February 8, 2007

Tell Me What You Want, What You Really Really Want...


Okay sorry I just had to go there. When I decided to write about this it was the first thing that popped into my mine. But now that I've got it out of my system, let's move on....

So, this morning I was watching the news (a very uncommon thing for me to do) and they did a piece on a new dating service that premiered in New York City last night.

What sets this company apart from others? What's their new and improved ideas? Well it's cutting right to the chase. What do women want? What do men want? Really?

To qualify women need to be hot! Yup, that's the qualification, it is only $30 for the women to sign up, and a minimum of 5 photos.

Men need to make anywhere from $200,000 to $500,000 a year depending on their age. And I believe the fee is either $300 or $500 for them. Oh and no age requirement or photos necessary.

When some were interviewed and asked if they thought this made them seem shallow they said "No we're just not wasting time, and being honest" it was said that when women talk to their friends about a new guy the first thing asked most of the time is "What does he do?" And with men it's "What does she look like?" So it just getting there a little faster.

They said they plan on doing another event with the women with the money and the hot guys. We'll see if that actually ever happens. lol.

So what do you think? Is this as shallow as it seems on first glance? Or is it really just cutting to the chase?


~ Nicole

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like new age mail order brides if you ask me.

reviewer said...

I guess it is shallow, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

Unknown said...

Its not shallow, really, when you think about it. Its just guaranteeing that the people in the room will be rich and or beautiful. Its only skeezy if you marry the guy even though you have no love for him (only his money). But who wouldn't like to marry a rich hottie?

PS: Your title has Spice Girls, If You Wanna Be My Lover in my head!

Rowena said...

I agree with Nikki up there, it just sounds to me like a modern day mail order bride thing...if that's your thing, I aint knockin' it...but yeah, not my thing.

Nicole said...

CSR,
I know that's what I had in my head so I put it as the title. lol.