Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Why is it such a bad thing???

Okay so over the weekend my husband had gone to Atlantic City for a Bachelor party. He left Friday at about 4pm and got home at 1:30am. Didn't even spend then night. Well I had no illusions about what he was going to be doing. They ate, gambled (Which I'm thankful for since he came home and was only $6 short of what he went with. YEAY!) drank, walked around and went to a strip club.

Now let me just say when I got married Josh (yes I'm tired of my abbreviations, his name is Josh not J. lol) did not have a bachelor party. Well not in the true sense, he didn't have a stripper or anything, there wasn't even really drinking. He was 19, I was 18. And I don't regret it either, I mean even if we were older. For some reason I don't mind him going to strip clubs for others bachelor parties but I would have been bothered by him going prior to our wedding day with a bunch of guys.

But back to the story...

Of course I gave him a hard time about it. Not him going just about what he'd do at the strip club. I told him that he was NOT allowed a lap dance. My thinking is touching is cheating, look all you want. But also he doesn't get any for three days after going to a strip club, which I got that from Holly (thanks girl). lol. So any way, they go have a good time, and that's the end of it.

Well during the day that he was in AC I had lunch with my aunt (she's only 4 years older than me) and her two kids. So we're talking and I say how Josh is going to AC and he better be good and all. You know, just jokes. I trust my husband.

Today my aunt called me and jokingly says "so was Josh good?" me, "yeah, ha ha ha." her, "no strippers?" me, "oh there were strippers, there just wasn't a lap dance." her, "WHAT??? You allow that? Nicole." (yes I said Nicole, that's my real name and I will be using that, stay tuned for a post on the why's and details...) and I'm all "What? I don't care if he goes blah blah blah." basically she was shocked that I was okay with him going to a strip club. I'm all it's not a everyday event! I mean sheesh, I let him go when there are bachelor parties. What's the big deal?

What are your thoughts on this? Would you allow your husband to go?

When Josh and I have been in AC together, we've joked about going together. We never really went cause I think he thought I was joking. But really???? I'd go. Why not?

Would you??? Am I strange for wanting to go with him? I've never been. Shouldn't I know what he's seeing when he's there?

10 Comments:

Rowena said...

Hey Nicks!

I see you're little coming out of the closet! hehe. Mine will be up soon too.

I'm not married so I can't answer this...

Isabel said...

So I had a comment all typed out and blogger ate it. UGH!!!!

The point: Bachelor parties for a good friend- ok I understand the strip club thing.

Just a regular night out with the boys- oh hell no.

Kelley Nyrae said...

I personally have gone once with my hubby and it was no big deal. We drank and talked with our friends most of the time and didnt pay too much attention to what was going on around us.

I have also let my hubby go without me. It isn't an ever day thing but he has gone. I trust him 100 percent. I KNOW he would never do anything to hurt me like that. He knows the rules just as your hubby does. No lap dances and hes fine with that. Actually I think he would be too embarrassed to actually get one anyway! I see nothing wrong with you letting your hubby go. We are a lot alike with this one.

Nicole said...

Yes Kelley we seem to be on the same page here.

La Chou,
He only goes if it's a bachelor party, so I really don't have the option of going with him there. But I get not wanting to look at 'stale pussy and fake boobs' lol, but hey it's a bachelor party. And at home? Well that's another story. ha ha.

R...Dylan,
So what if your not married. You can still have an opinion on what you would do.

Izzy,
EXACTLY!!! Bachelor party? Okay, as long as no lap dances. Just because??? Ummm, NO! Want a guys night? Go to a sports bar.

~~Nicole, Nikki, Niks...whatever. Even Jazz if you still want to.

DC said...

Wow, Nicole, first you were all like, no pictures, then kid pictures, then of your home, your family, your husband, then there was a little slip up a few posts back where you blurted out Josh's name, and now this? What happened?? Tell me everything. I don't think I could come out like this. But I want everyone to know that I was one of the few and the proud that knew your true name, and now, (boo hoo) I don't feel special anymore. Any way, I would LOVE for my husband (if I had one) to go to strip clubs, and I would join him!! You should even give him a dance while you're there!

Rowena said...

LMAO Drake! Haha, I knew her first and she loves me more, hahahahaha...LOL.

Hey Nicks,

Alright you want it, here it goes...I wouldn't mind at all if my husband or boyfriend for that matter went to a strip club for Bachelor Party purposes, I wouldn't mind if he had a lap dance either, as long as he came home to ME, once in a while I'd be okay with it, because I wouldn't want him to tell me that I couldn't go see Thunder from Down Under with my girlies? Ya feel me? LOL. Sorry had to throw that in there, it seemed necessary..LOL.

Its a whole other issue though if my boyfriend/husband is going to the strip club every other day, week, whatever, if he's on a first name basis with the dancers then, NO NOOKIE AND NO MORE STRIP CLUB FOR HIM, but once every blue moon, a lap dance wouldn't hurt me, as long as I could do the same...;)

Nikki said...

Hey, Nicole--Can't wait to hear about your coming out. (BTW my real name is Nicole, too)

There's nothing wrong with going to a strip club with your hubby. Go have fun. I've gone and was disappointed, kind of boring. I rather be at home or in the(hotel) room alone with my hubby if you know what I mean.

I think it's ok for my hubby to go once in a while with guys friends for a Bachelor Party. I don't care if he gets a lap dance. As long as he doesn't touch her(with is hands)--I am ok with that. My husband says they aren't that great. It's just the thrill of the forbidden. He had one a long time ago (before me) and he said once is enough.

Love your blog!

Nicole said...

Welcome to my blog nikki. To funny that were both Nicole and we both spell out nick name nikki. Hope that doesn't get confusing if we're posting on eachothers blogs. lol. It won't though cause I'm going to sighn my comments Nikki on the bottom but keep my sign-on as Jazz. Easier.

I don't know why I just don't like the lap dance thing. It's like look but don't touch.

But Josh did say that he wouldn't want one anyway. They cost $60 after the $20 you pay to get in and then they sit you on a couch on the stage and he says it's almost violent. They pulled the guys pants down, ripped his underware and whipped his butt with his own belt. lol. Doesn't sound all that hot to me.

Drake,
It will all be in my blog to come. Mostlikley tomorrow. But you were a special one, no worries there. Besides my girls I knew before I even started blogging (Holly, Izzy, Grace, and Dylan) you were with only three others to know my real name.

Nicole said...

just testing something.

Anonymous said...

Oh hell yes I'd go! I want to know what he's doing, nosey bitch that I am!

No lap dances for EITHER of us ... unless I was giving it to him, but yes, I wouldn't mind going.

(Thankfully he's not all that into it, says he feels bad for the ladies and always wonders what they're thinking, but who knows, maybe some day we'll do it.)