Friday, June 16, 2006

Can a girl EVER get a break?

Okay so here's how it happened, well first lets get the back ground info. Every Wednesday my kids sleep over my mother in laws house. They have been for years now. Anyhoo I always work on Thursdays since I can get extra hours. Well lately I've been feeling sooo stressed and so beat down I just wanted a day for me. So Thursday rolls around and I decide to call out of work and take a day for me. As I get off the phone with my boss JD walks outta the shower and I tell him I'm staying home, and no I don't need the car I want only to lay around and do NOTHING! So somehow JD gets it in his head that he wants to stay home too only he has a work meeting he cannot miss. **Thank God!** So I try to firmly but nicely encourage him to go to work. I mean it's not like I don't love spending time with him, but sometimes a girl JUST NEEDS A BREAK! No kids, no work, no husband, no nothing. Finally ...... a quiet house. I come up stairs to surf the net a bit and not even an hour into it what do I hear???? JD is home! What the heck??? This cannot be happening. But yeah, it is. He's all excited the meeting got moved and he has the day, we can hang out. Wooo peeee! I mean don't get me wrong any other day would have been great. But do you ever just get your mind set on something and want it so bad? Well that's how this was, I just wanted my me day. But I sucked it up, we went out to breakfast, then planned on hitting a movie. Well we do IHOP and go to the theater, but it is closed. Aww, to bad. Let's brows through Target in the mean time. Boring! Finally he's all what do you want to do? Me- Uh uh? Nothing really, just chill.
So naturally he got all pissy with me eventually and went out by himself to hit some golf balls making me feel all kinds of guilty for not going with him. I DIDN'T WANT TO. I WANTED ME TIME. I WANTED TO READ A BOOK AND LAY AROUND. MY GOODNESS. CAN A GIRL EVER GET A BREAK.
Oh and just so you know, I did tell him I was really sorry for being selfish I just wanted me time, and I was crying a little (yes I was PMSing) and he looked at me like I was nuts and said "yeah, your scaring me. I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty. So why don't you go in another room and relax, and not the kitchen there are knives in there." And I will swear to you that he was to trying to make me feel guilty. WHAT? I swear, I am NOT crazy.

4 Comments:

Isabel said...

I know how you feel. I need those days too. A day just for me to do what I want. There is nothing wrong with that all. I don't think you're crazy. :)

Mailyn said...

dude the EASIEST way to ge him off your back is to tell him that you are indeed PMSing and that you feel like just yelling at anything and anyone. then start acting all kinds of emotionals and weird. laugh at the commercials and then bust out crying. mehehe.

scare him straight outta the house!

Nicole said...

OMG I am sooo doing that next time Mailyn!

Rowena said...

LOL..too funny, this day cracked me up! Next try out what Mailyn said and then come back and tell us what happened!