Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Chick Flicks

So recently I watched two movies and they really made me think. Both were in the 'Chick Flick' category, In Her Shoes and The Wedding Date. Lets break down what exactly my problem is here, we'll start with In Her Shoes (I saw that one first).


Now for my problem, and if you didn't watch this movie you might not want to read on cause I'm gonna spill the beans. The story is about two sisters, one successful one a complete free loader. The only thing they have in common is their shoes size. So the free loading sister is sleeping on her sisters couch and after her sister leaves for work the 'good' sisters boyfriend comes over. Well free loading sister is mad at good sister cause of whatever reason and sleeps with the boyfriend in the good sisters BED! Well who the heck cares about the rest of the movie my issue is that the good sister forgave the free loading sister. I'm sorry I love family and I know they come above all, but some things are just unforgivable. I mean it's not even about the boyfriend, it's about the betrayal! So how was this movie supposed to be empowering? What is it supposed to be saying to us as women? Screw your sisters man and if she loves you enough she'll just forgive you? Whatever...

Moving on to movie number two, The Wedding Date.


Okay now this movie I thought was really cute through most of it. Basically girl needs date, her sister is getting married, she's the matron of honor and her ex is the best man. So she hires a date, now I don't think I realized at first that she was actually HIRING a date. Like I got it but it didn't click that that would make him a HOOKER! So anyway towards the end of the movie we find out ...... the sister that is getting married had been sleeping with the other sisters ex most of the time they were together. That is why he broke up with her! And guess what else? The MOH sister forgave her! Awww how sweet, NOT! So the slut sister gets forgiven and the good sister falls for the male hooker.

What am I missing here? I just don't seem to be grasping why these movies are so good? I mean they are saying sleep around, you'll be forgiven. And don't worry if you have messed up relationships for awhile you'll have a happily ever after with a male whore. LOL, I don't know. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I shouldn't be blogging tonight. I seem to be having a pissy out look on things.

9 Comments:

~ames~ said...

I didn't like the Wedding Date. Blech.

You know what? I didn't even stop to think about the sisters' behavior in both these movies. So now I'm going to pay attention!

I really liked the dog in In Her Shoes. And the part when the dude is reading a scene from a romance to the "good" sister. That was so funny.

Isabel said...

The Wedding Date- I didn't care for that movie. It was just.. eh. It had so much potential.

In Her Shoes- I do like that he read her from her romance book and later asked if he was her bitch. But yeah Cameran Diaz was just a bitch.

Nicole said...

Yeah, I totally loved the romance in In Her Shoes I just hated the Sister parts. But yeah, I loved the book reading part, I kept trying to figure out what the book was. I don't remember now if I figured it out or not. lol. Does anyone know?
Oh and the "am I your Bitch" part was so funny. Loved him.

Mailyn said...

well, from time to time I am stuck watching a chick flick because my mom and my best friend love them. I'd rather get my teeth pulled out but anyways, there was one scene in the Wedding Date movie I thought was funny and that's when the guy tells the girl that he isn't going to kiss her and instead he tells her something like all sexy and she's practically melting. lol.

Mailyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rowena said...

I thought The Wedding Date was cute but after reading your blog, I can't remember WHY? LOL..maybe it was the music, I LOVED the music in this movie, Michael Buble is the bomb diggity! hehe...

I haven't seen In Her Shoes and I kinda don't want too...

Holly said...

I didn't watch The Wedding Date, because I rented it and never got around to it, but MM did and he liked it. Though, of course, he won't admit it to anyone. LMAO!

I didn't see IHS, either, and I doubt I will. I hate stupid ass movies like that. *Sigh*

Rowena said...

HEY! Update your blog already sheesh!

carolina said...

I wouldn't forgive my sistet if she would sleep with my boyfriend what a slut!!!! She did it intentionally ( in her shoes)