Saturday, June 24, 2006

Falcon Beach

Falcon Beach is a hot new drama that centres around a group of young adults of different social and economic backgrounds who cross paths in the lakeside resort town of Falcon Beach. It's about summer. It's about freedom. But it's also about two worlds colliding - that of the summer cottagers and that of the townies who live and work in Falcon Beach year round.

The townies are Jason Tanner , a local wake board jock whose father died when he was just a kid, Tanya , Jason's childhood sweetheart who has just returned after a four-year modeling stint in Europe, and Danny, Jason's best friend, a goofy arcade manager. The cottagers are Paige Bradshaw, a spoiled and snobby Toronto rich girl who wants nothing more than to be doing an internship at her father's big corporation in Toronto rather than be dragged to her mother's childhood memory cove, Lane Bradshaw , Paige's conceited and self-destructive brother, a coke addict and dealer, and Erin, who comes to Falcon Beach every summer to be a lifeguard at the beach.


I started watching this show about .... what ..... two weeks ago? Yeah I think that's right. But let me tell you the funny part about this. I don't even like it! Yet I've been watching it faithfully. The actors suck, the storyline could be good but they aren't working it right. It's just bad. And OMG what horrible lines they use.

Lets recap on my issues with each character:

Jason: Okay the first show I kinda liked him. At first I thought he was not good looking in the least but I guess he grew on me cause by the end of the episode I thought he was a cutie. Then the second show....they grew his hair out and I hate it! But that is not my entire issue. In the fist show he is this guy that just wants to have a fun summer, he hits it off bad with Paige a vacationer. But by the end of the show the two of them make out and almost do the deed. They kinda get caught and so they plan to continue the next day or so. We also find out that Jason had some kind of intense friendship with a townie named Tonya, but she left to pursue a modeling career and didn't keep in touch. By the end of the show she is back.

Tonya: Hate her! Yuck, this girl totally rubs me the wrong way. Okay so she's been modeling for 4 years now and decides she's had it with that life. So she comes home to no understanding from her mother. Her mother keeps telling her she needs to grab this opportunity now while she's young. We find out that Tonya also owes her manager $40,000 (I think that's the right amount) and she just blows it off. She is so full of herself and stupid. In the first two episodes she hooks up with Lane (Paige's brother) gets high with him, almost kills herself, decides to clean up, and ends up living with Jason's mom and totally being a free loader as she has no job. And totally stealing Jason for herself and hooking up with him now.

Paige: She is getting ready to go to business school. She is snotty and rude and I love her. Even if she sometimes is irrational and whiny. She doesn't want to be at Falcon beach and makes no secret of it. Like I already said she hates then hooks up with Jason in the fist episode. Then Jason moves on to Tonya totally ditching her and so she's a bit bitter. Understandable right? I thought so. Well anyway her dad is either a top dog or owner of some business or other and is having legal problems. She has always thought the world of her dad but little by little she is learning he isn't quite the man she thought he was. At this point in the show she is flirting around with the town doctor and helping Danny with his arcade that is failing.

Danny: Okay this guy is so short and so ugly I am not even interested in his character. He seems like such a lost ugly puppy to me. He is totally obsessed with this girl Erin that comes to Falcon Beach every summer to life guard, he just as gotten up the nerve to tell her how he feels and know she is dealing with should they hook up and be together or just stay friends so they don't ruin everything. Well like I said not very interested in him.

And so the show goes on, there are other characters but these are the main ones. Does anyone else watch this show? Why am I obsessing over such a bad show? I don't even think it'll make the next season. Horrible actors!

5 Comments:

Isabel said...

That's kind of like My Fair Brady. Joey and I are addicted to this show. It's like a train wreck. Ha ha. But every week we're watching it. lol

Mailyn said...

dude I emailed you with the template a few days back lol

Nicole said...

I know then I emailed you my info to get in to change it, that's what you asked for right? Or was I supposed to do something else? I'm so confused. lol, HELP!!!

Mailyn said...

lmao, dude I never got your email. I was waiting for that. okies send it again. :P

Rowena said...

OMGosh, this is your Guilty Pleasure! LOL...mine is The Hills, the show is so dumb but I watch it faithfully EVERY week...cause I'm nosy like that!