Monday, June 5, 2006

'A' Moment ~ My darling little princess...

My daughter is three, and sooo freaking cute I cannot stand it. Now just so you all know I have the cutest 4 1/2 year old son too that I love to death but this is going to be about Abby.

Just some of the things she does and says that have me rolling, or sometimes cringing:

Yesterday we are driving and the kids are in the backseat talking non stop as always when A starts to call for JD (my husband) so he gives her the attention she is so desperately wanting and she looks at him all cute and innocent and says "Daddy your fat." LOL! I almost died, I mean where did she get that from? And JD, having just gained a few extra pounds, gets all kinds of defensive. LOL, just imagine my grown husband arguing with my three year old daughter over weather or not he is fat, and where she got that he was from. Of course that blame lays on me, but I swear I never said anything to anyone about his weight. I SWEAR!

Now this happened awhile ago, maybe 3-4 months back, but I cannot resist telling you all about it anyway. You never really think things you say are bad until you hear children repeat it and then it doesn't sound so innocent. Take my favorite word FREAKIN', I tend to say that a lot. I mean it is better than F*ck right? So when I'm driving and get cut off..."Freaking A" when I get hurt "Ouch, Freakin Crap" you get the point right? Well let me give you a few examples of how my three year old picked up on my word and added it to her everyday use:

In the bathroom doing my make-up with A standing on the toilet lid putting on my make-up too...
Me: Ab what are you doing?
A: Putting on your lipstick.
Me: Okay don't lose the lid.
...a minute later
A: Mommy can you put the freakin lid on this lipstick!

JD walking in on Abby in the bathroom by herself...
JD: What are you doing?
A: Flushing the Freaking toilet.

A after she peed her pants at my moms all over the kitchen floor...
A (to herself): Now the freakin floor is wet.

A stubbing her toe...
A: Ouch, freaking ouch.

I mean I guess I should be proud she always uses the word in the right text. lol

And just today this happened. JD is sitting on the couch and A is on his lap. And just let me tell you I have a ton of freckles, so JD is looking at A and says "OMG A you have freckles popping up everywhere on you." A gets up walks upstairs to me and looks devastated. So I'm all "What's the matter baby." and she says almost in tears "Why are my freckles popping?" LOL, omg she had me rolling! Poor girl I had to explain that JD didn't mean her freckles were gonna pop but that she was just getting more of them.

I got my nails done the other day and got a bronze color and when I got home A looks at them and says "Mommy your nails are ugly, I like pink better." ha ha.

We stop at red lights and she actually talks to the people at the corner waiting to cross the street. She tells them where we are going what her name is. EVERYTHING! She is so not shy.

She is obsessed with boobs. She is always poking mine, and asking if she is going to get 'big' like me. Which isn't saying much being as I am only a B, but whatever, that's not the point. She does it to everyone! My cousin came over and she poked her and said "Are they your boobies?" And she asked me what I was wearing right after I put a bra on the other day so I told her what it is. Now all she wants is a bra.

So needless to say my little princess is very unique. And boy does she know how to get her way, every time she wants something or does something bad she says "mommy I love you your pretty your beautiful" as if it is all one long word. ha ha.

She always has to have her toe and finger nails painted, pink, but she loves to roll in the dirt and have fun. She'll pick up any bug, while wearing her favorite pink dress. Always in dress up heels or her favorite flip flops of the moment, and she has more than me.

My baby, my pretty smart princess. I swear she'll be the death of me one day. I don't even want to think about teenage years.

6 Comments:

Isabel said...

AWwww, she sounds too cute. LMAO with her saying freakin. And awww poor Jd. does he want joing obesathon?

Mailyn said...

LOL, kids can be so funny! dude my little cousin used to be like that, saying everything people said, he was like a sponge! too funny :)

Holly said...

OMG! Just you wait. Cuz The Girl was JUST like that when she was little and NOW look at the miniature drama queen! *Sigh*

Grace said...

LOL!! She is SO adorable!! It's hilarious to read all the different ways she can use the word "freakin'" LMAO! Such a smart cookie, she is!

Rowena said...

I love hearing your A stories...she's such a cutie patootie!

--Sunrise-- said...

wow... attitude or what? :) a hilarious read!