Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My addiction

Well I know we all have them, some bigger than others. So here is mine......ready for it?.......MY CELL PHONE! Okay I never realized what a big problem with it, but it is going on three months now that I am getting yelled at for going over minutes. MAJORLY! Let me just let you read an email my husband sent me while very upset over our bill and my minutes, and maybe you'll get the picture a little better:

How about you listen to me when I ask you not to go over? I never go over on my minutes. In fact I only used 148 minutes total for last month. Only 13 of those were anytime minutes that go against the 700 we have! You used 1,856!!! That’s 30 freakin hours of talking on the cell phone (more than an entire day!) 687 were anytime minutes, 195 were overage minutes, 783 were night and weekend minutes, and 191 were mobile to mobile. So, I think it’s you that has the problem!

That was just a little of it, what you thought I'd let you hear how bad I got bitched at? A girl's gotta have some privacy. lol. Anyway needless to say I get a bit carried away. But I cannot seem to help myself. And I gotta say, HOLLY the majority of my minutes were used with you! But at least they fall into the mobile to mobile min. lol, so they don't really count.

So listen to this, Sunday we go out for Fathers day and I go to get my phone, but realise I left it at home. So I'm all "this should make your day JD I forgot my phone", and he's all "YES!". So when I get home that night I start looking for my phone. Can't find it ANYWHERE. Now tell me what you would think....I just get yelled at for all the time I spend on my phone and then the next day it just disappears? Well of course I blame JD, yelling at him to give it back. He swears he doesn't have it. Well naturally I make him swear on our kids lives that he doesn't have it and he does so I have to believe him. But I still cannot find the damn thing. And it isn't just not having a cell to talk on that is making me freak, but ALL my phone numbers are in there. I don't have any memorized! So I felt sooooo lost. (I didn't talk to Holly for DAYS!) So I FINALLY find it today and let me tell you how happy I was, my sister thought I was nuts! I actually kissed my phone. lol. I had 17 missed calls, 3 text messages, and 7 voice mails! I am loved!

So am I addicted? How are you with you phone?

Oh and just so you know, my phone was under the couch....way under in the back. My sister lifted the entire couch for me to get it! Love that sister of mine.

7 Comments:

Grace said...

My mobile and I are practically like this *crosses fingers* Although, I don't think I'm as addicted as you are sweets! LOL. Damn girl, you used 1856 minutes in one month? Holy mama. LOL.

I usually have it on me whereever I go, unless I'm just at home..then it's usually the last place I parked my bottom. I'm really conscious of bringing it with me when I go out, mainly due to the "just in case" scenerio.

Isabel said...

we're usually fine with our minutes, but I'm the one who uses most of the minutes. And I can see Joey scolding me like that too.

~ames~ said...

LOL Jazz! You got it bad. :P I was starting to get that way with my phone, so I gave it up. I've never regretted that decision.

Rowena said...

Oh Ames, you're a brave, brave girl because give up my cell phone? NEVER. I shouldn't say that Jessica is my best friend, because clearly it's my cell phone that holds that coveted role. LOL.

I too, am addicted to my phone, I used to go over my minutes so many times in the past that I had to up my minutes and pay $100 just to have those minutes, I was paying that anyway when I was going over my minutes, now I have more minutes and I always forget my phone when I'm coming to work, ALWAYS...I spend the entire day wishing for it to end so I can go back home to...my phone.

Gosh, I'm an idiot. LOL. I can so see JD scoldin you on your phone minutes. LOL.

Holly said...

Why are you putting this all on me? Jeez, I'm not the only one dialing the phone, you know. Though I will say that I was having major withdrawls after not talking to you for DAYS ON END! LOL

I'm ALWAYS on my phone. I forgot it at home the other day (for the first time in...gosh, EVER) and I was in a mild state of panic all day! I'm with you.

Mailyn said...

I used to have a cell addiction as well, slept with it and everything because I would have people calling in the middle of the night to talk. I kid you not. and we would talk for hours lol.

Nicole said...

I do that too Mailyn. I always have my phone right next to me. Even at night. When I am driving I seriously am racking my brain trying to figure out who to call. It is like unconceiveable for me to drive and not talk. lol.