Monday, December 18, 2006

11 hours!

That is how long I worked today. Is that freaking crazy or what? I went in at 12pm and didn't get out till after 11pm. It is Sunday, there is no reason the mall should be open that late. And it wasn't even busy in the least bit.

Anyway...

Josh and I finished (mostly) our Christmas shopping this weekend. I just have to get Abby a pair of earrings, and boots, and Jordon a Jacket, pants and shirt. And Jordon might get one more toy. Oh and my BIL, but he's just getting a gift card. So how bout all of you? Finished up? Just starting?

I know this is short but hey it is 12:30 in the morning! Cut a girl some slack. I'll try and get some more up later. I have work stories, and you'll just all have to deal with it till after the holidays. Cause I'm sure to have more and more till Christmas.

~ Nicole

5 Comments:

Grace said...

I'm pretty much done, I think. Well, I hope. I started on Saturday and I bought something for everyone I needed to buy for on my list. But I'm sure another name or two will creep up between now and Christmas.

As for you working 11hrs? Oh my damn. I hope you had a really good sleep that night babe!

Anonymous said...

Thats a long shift. My Husband works a 12 hour day every monday, it's no fun. The longest shift I ever had was 19 hours. Healthy triplets were born weighing in at over 6 lbs each. They were as healthy as any other full term singleton. The mom was having trouble getting one of the babes to latch on, and she didn't want any of the babies to have a bottle, so I was showing the proper way to feed a newborn with a dropper or cup. It was hectic because the babies never slept at the same time, and they all wanted to eat at the same time. Its amazing that she only needed my help for those 19 hours though. After that the babies were fed easily. It's great how fast she fell into a feeding routine. Most mothers with one babe can't do it that fast.
She ended up nursing them for 13 months. It's a great story.

It must be fun shopping for your daughter. I only have boys, and sometimes I just want to buy a dress.

Isabel said...

I'm doing my last round of shopping on Wednesday. Just my parents, in laws, grandparents and uncle.

11 hours! Oh hellllll no!

Unknown said...

I'm ALMOST done....just need to find a red buzzlightyear and this Playskool desk that for somereason, EVERYONE in Chicago is sold out of....I didn't realize it was a spectacular present this year....this is just what I want to get him.

Nicole said...

a RED buzzlight year? Well I know they have normal buzzlightyear action figures (about a foot tall, maybe a little shorter) at the Disney store for 40% off.