Monday, December 18, 2006

Diamonds....A Girls Best Friend

I love this ring! We sell it as an engagement ring but I told Josh I want it as a fashion ring for my right hand. lol. He thinks I'm nuts.

WHAT IS YOUR STYLE???
With all this work talk lately I've been thinking about one of my favorite topics.....engagement rings. That is one part of my job I love. I love helping people pick out the ring they love and will wear forever (or until they trade up, lol).

There are so many choices to go with; yellow gold, white gold, platinum. Then you have side stones or solitaire. The shape of the diamond; brilliant, princess, emerald, marquise, heart, pear, oval. And all the hundreds of designs.

Are you traditional or contemporary?

Would you like something out of the case or would you be the customer to have a custom made ring? Would you be satisfied with a 1ct. or smaller or would you need bigger?

How about colored diamonds? They have pink, red, blue, yellow, and a ton of other colors. And I'm sure we've all heard of the three stone ring, past present future. Well they used to be just for anniversary rings, but now they are very popular as engagement rings too. What do you think?

Me personally? I'm on my second ring. My first ring I still have, and always will, but I got it when I was 17. At the time I knew nothing about diamond quality and unfortunately had a salesperson that didn't inform me at all and was just out for a sale.

The ring was two trillion cut stones (triangle) with a baguette in between them to make it look like a big marquise. Then it had three baguettes and three small round stones on each side. It was yellow gold and the quality of the stones were not so good, nor was the cut. BIG difference from what I have now. lol.

On Valentines Day Josh surprised me by going to my store when I wasn't there and asking my friend what ring I wanted so I got my new ring. It is white gold this time, has a 1 1/4 ct. pear cut stone in the center and has pave set diamonds on the mounting itself. I love it. And it was such a surprise.

If you have a ring what does it look like? And lets have fun here, if you've got a ring what's your story? How did he propose?

And here are some pieces I love and am posting just cause I can. lol. Oh I'm not going to re post it but I love the three stone princess ring with side stones. But here they are, what do YOU think of MY taste?

And the watch I will be getting soon. LOVE it!
















~ Nicole

17 Comments:

Nicole said...

I know all my pictures are so big but I can't get them smaller sorry.

Teena in Toronto said...

#3 and 4 are very cute! I'll take 'em, pleez :)

My fingers are small so some rings look ginormous on me. My wedding ring and engagement ring are a set ... white gold, with gold gold. The engagement ring has one stone. The wedding ring has two small stones. I picked 'em out and love them :) Nothing fancy but they are different.

Chantal said...

I love every ring pictured.
I'm a bit odd I think. I adore rings, and I own a lot, but I only wear three. My wedding set, and an heirloom ring from my grandmother.

Isabel said...

HEre is the link to how Joey proposed and a pic of my ring. It's white gold. Boy was paying attention! lol.

http://peachmargarita.blogspot.com/2005/10/proposal.html


My wedding band is just a plain white gold band.

Rowena said...

I like simple stuff, a plain white gold band and a simple diamond, I don't care what kind or even know what kind, just something simple and nice, that's what I like.

Unknown said...

My engagement ring is a white gold, three stone princess cut. I'll have to put a picture on my blog or something because I don't know all the stuff you know. My wedding band is just a plain white gold band because we forgot to buy rings until a week before the wedding. One of these days I'll blog about the proposal. It was really sweet but very lengthy.

Digital Fortress said...

I really liked rings one, three and six...are any of them $19.99???

Seriously though, how much would rings like those go for?

Don't tell Season though ;)

Daphne said...

my fingers are pretty slim, so big rings just don't work with me. i don't usually wear rings or jewelry much so i'm very ignorant when it comes to these things. but just judging from your pics, i'd have to say i like the white gold style. most of my female coworkers who are married have huge fatty diamond rings the size of my eyeballs. it's crazy. how am i supposed to compete with that? lol

caramaena said...

I absolutely love that first ring. It's gorgeous.

My taste is small, lowset types. I don't like big rings that stand up tall, if you know what I mean.

I have to admit though, I don't wear rings all that often. My son tends to play with them when I wear them and it annoys me, plus I've lost a bit of weight recently and I almost lost one when it slipped/fell off my finger. The rings I have aren't expensive (not engagement/wedding rings since we're living in sin ;) heh) but they're pretty and I don't want to lose them.

Nicole said...

Zeek,
Amethyst would look so good with diamonds I think! See your a custome made girl. lol. And you had better come to me. lol.

Caramaena,
Why don't you get the rings sized? Or if your still losing weight and don't want to pay for two sizings get a ring gaurd? The ones they sell at Clairs are cheap and better than the ones we use. I always refer my customers there if they don't get thier ring sized for some reason. They are clear and just clip onto your ring, they have all sizes.
And yes I get what you mean. You prefer a bezel set diamond or one not set in a head. At least not a high head. See we are opposites there. At least with my engagement ring I like it to stand up high. But any ring can be altered the jeweler can always lower the stone as much as the stone allows.
But that first ring is big. It doesn't stand up high but it is wide and the diamonds are big. I can't remember the exact diamond wieght.

Daph,
Girl I've seen your fingers, and while I wouldn't go with a thick/wide mounting for you I wouldn't chince on the diamond. lol. I mean about 3/4 ct. or 1 ct. would look great on you, but I wouldn't go smaller. Get good quality, cause that matters more than size. You can always upgrade to a differant size. And don't compete with the other woman. Get what you love, you have to wear it forever.

Digital,
Try $1,999.00 lol. No but really. Here are the prices in the order the rings are posted;
$1,999.00~ 1cttw.
$3,999.00~ 1cttw.
$1,999.00~ 1cttw.
$2,999.00~ 2cttw.
$3,999.00~ 2cttw.
Some are more money but the same cttw. as others and that is either because of the quality, desiner, or size of the largest stone.

Charm,
Sounds pretty, I'd love to see a picture of it. And you have no idea how many peopl wait till the last possible second for their bands, lol.

Big Boobs,
OMG how'd she find out? I have customers that have CZ's in Diamond mountings but it's cause they are coming into a family stone and are just waiting for it. But that is so wrong for him to have tricked her.

Dylan,
That would be nice, simple and classy.

Izzy,
Oh I love your ring! So pretty!

Chantal,
You don't know how many woman are like that. I love heirloom rings they are so beutiful (most of the time).

Teena,
See it's important that YOU love your rings. And they sound very nice. I wish I could see everyone's stuff. I also wish I could post mine. But every time I take a pic it comes out with a flash and all.

Holly said...

Jazz, spell check is our friend. But I'm proud of you for remembering that we love paragraphs, too. LOL Love you!

As for me, Meh. I don't like rings, or gems or gold or silver or...well. You get me, right? *snicker*

Deb said...

I'm all for #4. It looks like platinum and it reeks of class! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I love my engagement ring. It's platinum. It has 3 square stones. A diamond in the middle and sapphires on either side. I designed it myself, and I can honestly say I haven't seen another like it!!

Serendipity

Nicole said...

Big Boobs,
That is just wrong. Is she still with him? If so I would have taken my ass to the jewlers and got a real one and put it on his card.

Serendipity,
Sounds very unique. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope to see you around again.

Deb,
That one is WG but it can also come in PLT and isn't it classy? I want that for an annaversary ring. LOVE it! lol. Nice to see you around again.

Holly,
Two things.....1. Shush your mouth. and 2. LIAR. Hmmm, okay I'm done now.

Kookie said...

Jazz, love all the ring pics you posted--and the watch, too!--so that means your taste rocks! :p

But I gotta say that white gold (or was it platinum?) goes along well with the sapphires (or were they blue diamonds?) so the two ring pics you posted with those combo are the best IMHO. :O)

Nicole said...

Kookie,
They are blue sapphires. And yeah, they look great mixed with diamonds and set in wg.

caramaena said...

Thanks for the suggestion of a ring guard. I'll have to go have a look for one. I'd like to lose more weight so probably no point in resizing yet.