Thursday, December 14, 2006

I've been tagged (again): My Favorite Christmas Songs...

My 5 favorite Christmas songs are:

1)Same Old Lang Syne
2)All I Want for Christmas is You
3)Santa Baby or maybe it's called Hey Santa. The one with the girl singing and asking Santa for all the presents, like a diamond bracelet and a car. lol.
4)Winter Wonderland
5)The one that says, I hear those sleigh bells ringin' and ting ting tinglin' too? Whatever song that is, I like it.

and if I could have six songs the last would be Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.

The rules: List your 5 favorite Christmas songs. Then choose five people to tag and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments!

I tag: Charmed, Drake, Cece, and Season.

Below are the lyrics to my favorite song. I swear I wait every year for this song to come on the radio. It always makes me sad. But before you read them let me just say that in the past year and now I have never been able to figure out what the title of teh song was. Even when the DJ announced it I couldn't grasp what he was saying because of the last two words, Lang Syne? What the hell is that? Can anyone tell me what those words mean, and what they have to do with the song? But whatever, I love the song! So here it is...

Same Old Lang Syne
(Dan Fogelberg)

Met my old lover in the grocery store,
The snow was falling Christmas Eve.
I stole behind her in the frozen foods,
And I touched her on the sleeve.

She didn't recognize the face at first,
But then her eyes flew open wide.
She went to hug me and she spilled her purse,
And we laughed until we cried.

We took her groceries to the checkout stand,
The food was totalled up and bagged.
We stood there lost in our embarrassment,
As the conversation dragged.

We went to have ourselves a drink or two,
But couldn't find an open bar.
We bought a six-pack at the liquor store,
And we drank it in her car.

We drank a toast to innocence,
We drank a toast to now.
And tried to reach beyond the emptiness,
But neither one knew how.

She said she'd married her an architect,
Who kept her warm and safe and dry,
She would have liked to say she loved the man,
But she didn't like to lie.

I said the years had been a friend to her,
And that her eyes were still as blue.
But in those eyes I wasn't sure if I saw,
Doubt or gratitude.

She said she saw me in the record stores,
And that I must be doing well.
I said the audience was heavenly,
But the traveling was hell.

We drank a toast to innocence,
We drank a toast to now.
And tried to reach beyond the emptiness,
But neither one knew how.
We drank a toast to innocence,
We drank a toast to time.
Reliving in our eloquence,
Another 'auld lang syne'......

The beer was empty and our tongues were tired,
And running out of things to say.
She gave a kiss to me as I got out,
And I watched her drive away.
Just for a moment I was back at school,
And felt that old familiar pain .........
And as I turned to make my way back home,
The snow turned into rain ..............



~ Nicole

11 Comments:

Rowena said...

LOL, I have no idea what those words mean or what the hell they are, but I do like the lyrics...and you drove me crazy with this song last week. HAHA. Love you!

Digital Fortress said...

I thought you meant that old Scottish song that they play on New Years - Auld Lang Syne. I never heard of that other one.

My favorite Christmas song is Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree!

*~*Cece*~* said...

Thanks for tagging me, Jazz! Now let me think...

mailyn said...

I like Santa Baby too! :-)

DC said...

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH! Not Christmas songs! OK, let me put my thinking cap on and come check me out later...

--Sunrise-- said...

good choice my dear... gooood choice!! :D

@Mailyn: I know... Blogger hates me too... :(

Teena in Toronto said...

I used to have this cassette (yep, I'm showing my age!!) and loved it!

Stacy~ said...

Oh I love that song by Dan Fogelberg. It's bittersweet. Gets to me everytime I hear it.

Season said...

Thanks for tagging me! That was fun.

oakleyses said...

jordan pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet online, ugg boots, burberry pas cher, prada outlet, chanel handbags, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, nike air max, air max, ray ban sunglasses, gucci handbags, christian louboutin, polo outlet, michael kors pas cher, oakley sunglasses wholesale, kate spade outlet, nike free, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin uk, oakley sunglasses, nike free run, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, jordan shoes, longchamp pas cher, polo ralph lauren, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin pas cher, tiffany and co, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe, cheap oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, replica watches

oakleyses said...

canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, pandora uk, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, replica watches, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, links of london, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, coach outlet, karen millen uk, supra shoes, barbour uk, montre pas cher, moncler outlet, pandora charms, swarovski crystal, moncler uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour, canada goose, canada goose outlet, canada goose, canada goose outlet, swarovski, ugg, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, canada goose jackets, louis vuitton, doudoune moncler, ugg pas cher, moncler, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, ugg uk, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, lancel, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, hollister, moncler