Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas 2006, part 4

Read Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3



Okay, okay I know it's been a long time coming. You know, this final part of my Christmas Story. So here it is ... 7:30am and I haven't even slept 5 full hours but my kids are up and yelling for me.




Normally they would just get up and come to my room but that would mean walking through the living room that the tree was in. I guess they wanted me to be there with them. So I went to their rooms and we walked out together. They were sooo excited when they saw all the presents. lol, then they ran upstairs to wake Josh up.



It was so funny cause Abby was opening gifts sooo fast so she had almost all her gifts open and Jordon was on like his third.


But they had a great time. By 11:30am we were on our way to my parents house. My mom hooked me up with a few sweaters and jeans from my favorite store NY&C, sneakers, and slippers. My sisters got me a gift card to get a pedi/mani (soooo excited about this!) a new purse and wristlet! Love my sistas. My brother didn't do gifts since he is jobless but he cooked us all a fabulous brunch. If he wasn't going to school to be some political big wig I'd say he should be a world renowned chef. The boy can cook! lol.

Anyway, of course they got Josh and the kids good stuff too. But hey we're gonna make that part about me.

After hanging with my family some more we headed over to Josh's parents house for dinner, an Eagles game and some more gifts. Fun fun. lol.

Usually my mother in law takes us out shopping and we just pick out our own gifts. This year I guess she thought she'd give it a shot on her own. All I can say is she got the gist of it right. I loved the two sweaters from NY&C she got me, can't go wrong in that store, but the rest? Well I wanted a robe, I got one, most uncomfortable material ever though. I wanted a track suit, got one in again the most horrible material. PJ's? To small, that's always embarrassing. lol. And to top it all off she got us a new bed set. Josh told me about it before Christmas and showed me what it looked like and I told him I didn't like it at all. He told her and she still gave it to us, which just made for some uncomfortable moments when I asked her for the receipt for it cause I didn't like it.

I know I sound like an ungrateful bitch here, but I'm not. Really. haha. I love my in laws. And my mother in law is great, she always over does it. But I don't know that she really does all that great on her own, picking gifts. We work better as a team. Although she was the ONLY one that remembered I collect Willow Tree Figurines. She got me the Wisdom one that is of a girl sitting down reading a book. Perfect for me.

And she did a ton of great outfits for the kids among other things.

Later that night we went to go home but had to swing by my parents house cause I forgot my phone there earlier. Well we ended up playing a card game called canasta from 9:30pm to 1:30am! lol, but it was lots of fun.

2:00am we unloaded all the gifts from our car and called it a night.

And a GREAT Christmas was had by all.




~ Nicole

7 Comments:

Unknown said...

I love love love LOVE canasta. I know what you mean about a "quick game" winding up lasting for four or more hours. That's what we always play on New Year's Eve.

AND I know what you mean about getting you off-the-wall gifts. My MIL got me a cute sweater but its not something I would have EVER picked out for myself. I've asked around and the unanimous vote is that when picking out clothes for me, no one would ever think to buy me brown. I'm more of a lime green, orange, yellow kinda girl. This is officially the first brown shirt I've ever owned.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your Christmas.

*~*Cece*~* said...

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL Christmas! The time you spent with your family sounds just like mine. Dontcha just love it?

Oh girl, I feel you on the too small pj's. Yikes.

Your kids are so adorable! Hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

Ship Creak said...

Sounds like you had a good Christmas. You obviously got the kids good pressies; there aren't any pictures of them playing with the boxes!

Mailyn said...

Sounds like you had a blast! :-)

Rowena said...

Oh goodness Nicole, you asked her for the receipt cause you didn't like it? OMHELL..I'm so embarrassed. But that is SO YOU! *shakes head*

I still love you and looks like you had a good Christmas.

Holly said...

I swear, this girl. You're like the only person I know who'd ask for a receipt for BED STUFF! Sheesh. Take a break, will ya?

Glad you had a good Christmas.

Nicole said...

Holly & Dylan,
What the heck was I supposed to do with a horribly ugly bed set??? I kept the sheets! Sheesh...well they were which and 300 thread count. lol. But we got a really nice one we like now! Yeay. And it was with a credit from gifts from Josh's mom so it's like she still bought it for us. haha.

Zeek,
We did games New Years too. Well at least mostly did. Me, my sister, her boyfriend, and my brother fell asleep. lol. So it was Josh and all the older people, to funny!

Mailyn,
It was fun. It always is with my family.

Ship Creak,
I was a good year. And the box playing was about two years ago. lol. I swear my sons first Christmas he was all about the bob the builder wrapping paper. Nothing else mattered to him. Sooo cute, but a bit annoying. haah.

CeCe,
Family is always a blast. And it is sooo time to hit the gym. lol. I'm all about it now. AGAIN! But hey it's a new year. I've got a fresh start right?

Charm,
MIL just don't know sometimes I guess huh?