Saturday, December 23, 2006

LOL, a weird ending to my night.

Okay real quick let me share this.

For about a year now there has been a Walgreens right on my way home from work, like a minute from my house. Usually if I need anything, milk, girl stuff, anything, I'll make a pit stop after work.

There is always the same guy at the register. He always remembers me and is very nice. Answering any questions I have etc. He has never hit on me and has always been polite.

Well tonight I go in and ask if there are any sales on wrapping paper. So he goes to find out and then shows me where it all is. While I'm looking he comments that he likes my shoes (Steve madden slipper sequined type). I said thanks and he said that he thinks they look really good when girls where them. I just said that they were really comfy and I loved them.

I still at this point didn't think it was any more than polite conversation. But just as he was saying that another guy that worked there was leaving for the night.

I went about my business and while I was getting rung up he asked if I was done my shopping and I said how I was mostly done but my son was so hard. He's all 'Oh you have a kid?' and I said 'Yup, two my daughter is three and my son five.' Then went on and on about boys being difficult to shop for.

STILL OBLIVIOUS TO ANY FLIRTATION. I must have been really tiered. lol.

Just as he's about done he says 'so are you with your boyfriend or something?' Me, all confused, 'excuse me?' him, 'are you with anyone?' me (glancing at my wedding ring and engagement ring on my LEFT ring finger) 'ummm, I'm married for 6 years now' him, 'oh your married?' me 'yup'.

Now even though right there I can tell he was interested I still wasn't annoyed with him. Yeah it was a dumb question, I was wearing a wedding set, but he was very polite and not degrading at all.

The phone rang before he could say anymore and THIS shocked me. All I could hear was his side of the convo of course. This is how it went.
"No I wasn't hitting on her."
"I was paying her a compliment"
"You got something to say about it come back here."
"You waited till you left"
"Mind your business"
"I wasn't hitting on her!"
And then he hung up the phone.

His co-worker called him back to ream him about complimenting me on my shoes! OMG I was dying. So I just said thanks Merry Christmas and left.

Ha ha. So that was a nice way to finish off my night. Too funny. Poor guy.


~ Nicole

10 Comments:

The Accidental Bitch said...

Haha poor guy. That must have been pretty embarrassing for him.

He easily could have hung up though, I don't know why he felt like he could have that conversation in front of you.

Nicole said...

I know, I was all embarressed for him. haha. I hope he forgets about it by the next time I'm in the store.

Grace said...

Aww, the poor guy! And then having that particular conversation in front of you? Aww..But I love that he complimented your shoes! ;)

Chantal said...

Oh that is funny! He sounds really young and not a smooth operator at all. Poor guy, lol

Anonymous said...

I was out last night with some work mates, my husband, and my best friend. I took great pleasure in the fact that when a guy came up and tried to hit on me, i could just show him my wedding ring.

But at the same time, it's a nice feeling to know I've still got it!!

Hope you have a very merry Christmas!

Isabel said...

Poor guy. Ha ha but have the conversation in front of you?

Anonymous said...

I know exactly who you are talking about since he's always there!! He's a dead man...

caramaena said...

lol, poor guy.

btw - I love your template. Earlier today I found it on Caz's site and put it on my test blog to see how I like it for my main one.

I was also wondering if I should put the blogger nav bar thingy at the top or not, so I'm glad you have so I can compare. I still haven't decided whether to keep the template or not yet though.

Unknown said...

haha!! He's either a gay guy trying to fake straightness or his older brother gave him that "pick up line".

Poor kid.

Mailyn said...

At least that was a good way to end the day! We only seem to have cranky old women working at our Walgreens. LOL.