Sunday, December 10, 2006

Dear Holiday Shoppers,


















This is a jewelery store, we sell high end merchandise (for the most part). Do not come in and ask if we sell baby phat earrings, or name plates, or engagement rings with your names on the OUTSIDE of the ring, or spinning rings. If that is what you are looking for go to the corner of any major city and ask the guy standing on the corner wearing the trench coat, he'll be able to help you I'm sure.

Do not come into the store on the weekend we are having a three day sale that features a 1 cttw ring for $199 and wonder why there are inclusions in the diamonds. IT IS A HUNDRED AND NINTY NINE DOLLARS FOR ONE CARAT OF DIAMONDS, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?????

Do not come in to the store and huff and puff for 20 min while nobody is available to help you cause we're all with other customers and then when someone is available to you ask us to clean your jewelry. It is Christmas time. CLEAN YOUR OWN DAMN JEWELERY!

Do not ask when I am ringing up your $1,000 sale or more if we have a box and if you can have one. Do you really think I am going to ring you up then just drop your purchase in your hands with no box??? Are you really that dumb????

DO NOT come into the store spend an hour of my time looking at merchandise, get my card with all the information on it for the piece you want, then come back when I am not there and not show my card and there for screw me out of a sale. Have some freaking common sense! I work off commission, how rude is that!


Please please do not ask every time I take a piece of jewelry out if the "white" stones are diamonds! YES YES they are! We do not sell fake diamonds, any "white" stones are going to be diamonds.


When I ask if you need any help don't say "No" and the second I turn around say "Oh but I do have a question...." Let me explain something, if you have a question that essentially means you do in fact need my help.

I've worked in Jewelry for 4 years now. Please don't come in and try to act like you know exactly what you are talking about meanwhile mispronounce every damn word out of your mouth.

When I say the price is 1999 why would you assume that I am saying $19.99???? You are looking at DIAMONDS!!!! Do you really think that is what I am saying? Lets try again....$1,999.00. Good job.

Don't come in on Christmas Eve two hours before we close look around for a half hour then say you are just looking! Do you know what day it is????

Sincerely,
Your sales person

~ Nicole

13 Comments:

Season said...

You have me cracking up right now! Talk about venting! I think that is the best I have ever heard!

Digital Fortress said...

You don't have any diamonds for $19.99???? The home shopping network has plenty of rings for that. What kind of rip off place is this????

Nicole said...

Season,
Girl you don't even know the half of it. OMG you wouldn't beleive the stuff people come in and say or do. I will most definetly be keeping you all up to date on it all since this is how I vent. lol.

Digital,
OMG you are NOT allowed to come shopping in my store. lol.

Isabel said...

Oh lord, you poor thing, but that is funny

Kelley Nyrae said...

LOL. That was freakin great. It amazes me some of the things people will come into stores asking.

Unknown said...

Hilarious....Ignorance is Bliss....and you're the one who suffers....nice the way that works out, huh?

reviewer said...

I love crazy work stories.
I can't believe how dumb some of those people are. It must be so hard not to ask them they if they are being stupid on purpose.

I never was good working with the public. I'm too much of a bitch, lol

*~*Cece*~* said...

Oh giiirl, I do NOT miss retail work. I give you props for putting up with the Holiday maddness! But look on the bright side, retail does make for some awesome blogging, right? ;-)

Teena in Toronto said...

Gulp! Thanks for the tips!

Ha! You must get a lot of loser customers coming in to warrant that precious rant :)

DC said...

Yeah.... that looks reeeeeeal nice... but do you have that in a Cubic Zirconium???

Nicole said...

Drake,
It's about time I saw you around here again. Where have you disapeared to??? And CZ? Let me think...hmmm....NO FAKE DIAMONDS HERE!!! LMAO!

Teena,
More than I could ever say. lol. Now you know the does and don'ts right? lol

Cece,
You are so right. Lots and lots to blog on. And every year I say I won't do it again and every year I am still here. It's actually not so bad when it's really busy, it's when it's only mildly busy and the customers talk to much that they say dumb things. ha ha.

Chantal,
LOL, you'd be suprised what you can handle. You know being a bitch and all? I'm the same. Sometimes when it gets to much for me (an annoying customer) my boss will tell me to go get something or other for her from the back cause she says the look on my face is telling the customer exactly what I think of them without words.

Charm,
I know I always am the one to suffer. lol.

Kelley,
It amazes me every day more and more and it's been 4 years.

Izzy,
I know at least I can laugh about it now right? haha.

Rowena said...

LMAO, oh gosh that is hilarious, loved it!

Nicole said...

Dlyan,
I made my brother come here and read it and he said it was so funny and made me post it on my myspace blog too. lol. I never post blogs there.