Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas 2006, part 2.

Read Part 1

It's Christmas Eve and I have to be to work by 11am, and I only work till 5pm. Which normally I'd be overjoyed since I've never had that great of hours on Christmas Eve before. BUT....there was one last gift I needed to get my daughter so I needed to run to two Targets (in case the first didn't have it) and they closed at 6pm. Cutting it close.

But I was determined to have a great day. I wasn't going to let anyone bring my mood down. And it worked. Shoot, I need to try this positive thinking thing more often, lol.

Let me tell you one of the funniest things that happened right before I left though. It is 5:35 and I'm hoping to sneak out a little early when this Chinese guy walks in. So I greet him and see if he needs help (I don't think he understood a word I said but that's neither here nor there, lol). Well not even 3 min. later this black guy walks in (normally I don't state color and all but it plays into the story) his first question is what's our return policy? Well I can tell this is going to be promising, so I tell him. I am now trying to stay with my customer will answering this other guys questions cause for some reason I am all alone up front in the store. A few minutes later the woman I don't like comes up and I ask her to take the black guy so I can finish with my customer.

Not even 5 min. later I hear this being YELLED in our store among all the customers "Somebody get over here! I want someone else to help me. Get this woman away from me, I don't want her help. I don't want her anywhere near me."

LMAO! Yup, the woman I don't like was doing what she always does. She was judging because of color and appearance and wasn't' letting the guy hold the merchandise he was looking at. And he made a scene! I ended up helping him and all was fine. He pulled out a wad of cash so large and then the other woman was wishing she hadn't treated him the way she did.

Karma's a Bitch! She's also the one that jipped me in the polyanna. lol.

It is now 5:15pm and I am leaving, so much for getting out early. I dash over to Target and they have one pair of boots left in Abby's size....with no box and scratches on the front! Decisions decisions....I grab the boots figuring I can exchange them after Christmas but at least she can have them to open.

As luck would have it though I got to the second Target at 5:50pm and decide to check and see if I would have any better luck...they had them! Yeay! I was so excited.

I dashed home grabbed Josh and some presents and was off to my family party....

~ Nicole

3 Comments:

Rowena said...

Dude she got moded!

Holly said...

Karma's a Bitch! She's also the one that jipped me in the polyanna. lol.

Dude, DO NOT START AGAIN! GET OVER IT.

LOL @ her, though.

Nicole said...

Holly,
Never! Never will I get over it. lol. No I'm just messing. I'm over it now, cause I got back at her. Her birthday was this week and I refused to contribute to her gift at work. Neither did a few other people....hey that's what happens when your a bitch to everyone.

Dylan,
What does moded mean?