Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Am I being a total Bitch?

I don't know if I am being a total bitch here, which wouldn't be out of the norm, or if I'm justified it the way I feel about this. So what do I do? Come to you lovely readers for your opinions.

Here it is. Every year at work we do a pollyanna and then we list three things on a sheet of paper in the back that we want. Our dollar amount to spend this year was $30 and if you went over you went over, but you spend the $30 at least. Personally I think it was a little high for a co-worker, but whatever, I still participated.

Okay I'll be honest I'm friends with the woman that put the pick bag together and had her rig it so I'd get my friends name that I had already planned on buying for so I didn't' have to buy for someone I didn't like. But that's besides the point. lol.

So somehow I got out of someone that the woman (little Indian Lady) I can't stand the most in the store got my name. Uggg! So I decided to be a bitch. Suprise suprise right? lol. Well on my list I put all detailed very specific things I wanted, and then wrote that I'd take a gift card to this one store for whatever the remaining amount of money was. lol.

About a week ago I was working with the woman that had my name and she took her break at 9:30 pm. When she came back she had a NY&C bag (which is where I wanted stuff from) and just hands it to me. She says "Happy early Christmas". The other woman working looked at her and said "Your just giving it to her like that? Not wrapping it, or waiting for Christmas Eve when everyone else is exchanging?" and she responded saying "Well she is such a spoiled brat I know she want now" (I do know how to type out full sentences but I'm typing exactly the way she speaks in her broken English, lol)

I just laughed, I really didn't care that I got it early. The purse I wanted was there, but the scarf I asked for was wrong. I wrote the exact name of the scarf I wanted and wrote Black or Red. I got the wrong named one in grey. But whatever, still not mad, I can exchange it.

Now here is the part that got me mad. As she was walking away she said "Store has good sale. You get all that and it worth $50." So I'm already thinking oh shit what did she spend? So I said out loud "It doesn't matter what it's worth, it matters what you spent". She didn't reply.

I went down to the store that night to exchange the scarf and looked around. Guess what she spent? $22.47! Am I being totally horrible here or do I have a right to be pissed??? Everyone else is spending $30 on the person they got and she spends $22.47 on me???? That's just not right! She could have easily gotten me a little something in that same store to make up the difference.

You know if it were a friend of mine I wouldn't really care. It's the thought that counts and all that, right? But when it's a work pollyanna and everyone is supposed to spend the same amount and a woman I don't like and doesn't like me gets me AND jips me! I think I have reason to get bitchy!

What do you think???



I just think this is totally cute. lol. Had to post it.



~ Nicole

22 Comments:

Isabel said...

I would be more upset witht he spoiled brat comment. I think if she spent like $10, yeah that would be wrong. But she spent almost the amount?

Cause honestly for co workers, I spend the amount. If I'm a bit under, than oh well. Cause for someone I work with (and don't really know very well) I won't spend over the amount. If it was a co worker I liked, different story.

Nicole said...

BUT I work with a bunch of people that have more money than I do. They all think $30 is a little low for a gift, everyone always goes over. So for her to spend almost $10 less is a slap in the face. She has soooo much money, she doesn't even need to be working. And the simple fact is the rules for this pollyanna are $30 or more. If she didnt' want to spend that she shouldn't have been involved in it.

I don't care what she calls me, I call her much worse. lol.

Nicole said...

BUT I work with a bunch of people that have more money than I do. They all think $30 is a little low for a gift, everyone always goes over. So for her to spend almost $10 less is a slap in the face. She has soooo much money, she doesn't even need to be working. And the simple fact is the rules for this pollyanna are $30 or more. If she didnt' want to spend that she shouldn't have been involved in it.

I don't care what she calls me, I call her much worse. lol.

Unknown said...

I think that you have a right to be mad because she called you a spoiled brat. Should you have let people know you were pissed that she had you? Probably not. But there's obviously a reason why you don't like her. BUT! It all comes back to karma. You had it rigged so you could get the person you want, so to balance things, you have to get screwed. That's the way it works, unfortunately.

As far as the money thing goes, it is ignorant of her to tell everyone she spent less that they did but Iwouldn't make an issue because everyone else will probably do that for you.

Someone should remind that lady, though, that she participated in this WILLINGLY so she should WILLINGLY pay the $30.

Nicole said...

Charm,
LOL, yeah guess your right about the karma. That sucks. And beleive me EVERYONE knows I don't like her. And nobody else likes her either and EVERYONE is making a big deal about it. lol. At work I don't say a word about it. And pretend I dont' give a crap. But here I wanted to say that it really pissed me off.

Unknown said...

You're totally right about the slap in the face if they all have that much money and they are the ones who decided on the amount, figuring they were lowballing it!

Why the f do you guys call it Pollyanna? Is that to keep from offending the Indian lady by calling it Secret Santa?

Nicole said...

LOL, no I just haven't called it Secret Santa since High School. Like my family does a pollyanna, Josh's work does, my work does. It's just what it's called when you pick a name and buy a gift. At least you know what it is. I was talking to Holly on the phone and said something with that word and she was all "What are you talking about?" She said Pollyanna is a disney character name. I never heard of that character. lol.

Rowena said...

I asked her the same thing about the pollyana thing, what the hell is that? LOL.

As for the money thing, or how much she spent on you, I don't think that's a big deal at all, at least she got you what you wanted (even if it was the wrong thing, she got it close) and spent more than $20, so give her a break, I think the only reason you're being a whiny brat about the whole thing is because you hate the broad.

I'd be more pissed because she called you a spoiled brat then the actual amount of money that she spent on you. At least she didn't give you some cheap little gift that cost her $10 and try to pull it off as being $30...

Pick your battles, Nicks..you want someone to spend more money on you? Stop rigging the name exchange.

Charmed School Reject was exactly right, karma's a bitch!

Nicole said...

Okay what I'm not getting here is why anyone would think I'd be mad that an old lady I don't like called me a brat??? I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT! And why should I not be pissed that a woman that openly shows her bank statement with well over a million in it jipped me on a $30 pollyanna? And no I shouldn't be glad that she didn't give me a $10 cheap thing cause it was a $30 pollyanna and she shouldn't have spent any less than that. And about rigging it? The three of us do every year so we get eachother. Whatever. I'd care regaurdless of who did it, if it was a friend though I'm sure they'd have a reason and tell me and that is why I wouldn't be mad at them.

Unknown said...

You crack me up!

Nicole said...

I try. lol. And at least it's not something I hide from, I'll speak the truth I GET HIGHLY ANNOYED WITH PEOPLE VERY EASILY. LOL!

Holly said...

Yes, you're being a bitch. GET OVER IT! I already told you that before, but I'm telling you again...GET OVER IT! Sheesh, this girl.

I wouldn't care about the Spoiled Brat thing, either. Meh, whatever. But who cares if she only spent $22. you should just be grateful she didn't buy you something tacky out of spite, or some gaudy gift, or only spend $5. SO GET OVER IT!

It's Christmas, remember? Where's your holiday spirit?

Nicole said...

Yes I remember it is Christmas, I am after all the one that keeps reminding everyone else about that. I have perfectly fine holiday spirit.

I really don't think I should have posted this though cause all I am getting is more and more aggrivated (sp?).

What nobody seems to understand is that we are not all a bunch of friends that decided to do a gift exchange. It is more or less the simple fact that we work togeather and it's the thing co-workers do.

It was not a get what you want and spend what you want. EVERY other person in the store either will spend exactly $30 (before taxes) or go over.

It is just right vs. wrong. And I am not wrong here. She is cheap and rude.

We have a family pollyanna and the price range is for $25-$30 and you know what? It is not something I can do this year so I'm not. It is better to do that than to jip someone.

And it doesn't mean that my family does not love me enough to let me spend less. It's just a fun thing they do and if you can't you can't.

If she couldn't/wouldn't spend the alotted amount she should have opted out of the exchange.

Isabel said...

would you rather she spent the $30 for you at the dollar tree?

Rowena said...

You have perfectly fine Christmas spirit and you're complaining about frickin' $8? GET OVER IT NICOLE!

Nicole said...

Izzy,
LOL, that is just to horribly funny! lol...

Dylan,
Ummm NO! I am not responding to this cause I love you to much and I'm getting PO'd again.

Rowena said...

Love you too sweets despite this post!

Chantal said...

To be honest, (I know you don't care)I would not care about being called a spoiled brat either because I am one, Proudly so! lol

I do know how you are feeling though. If it was a friend then I would not care, because with a friend you know that thought went into the gift, so the price doesn't matter.
BUT, this person clearly is not a friend, and she just got you whatever she could for the cheapest price. There is no "It's the thought that counts" type of thing there.

I never join those types of things anymore because I always get the short end of the stick. Let face it, we all want cool gifts. There is no way we would join if we knew we would end up disappointed with what we got.
Maybe someone will say 'speak for yourself' to me. I guess I am. I already admitted that I am a spoiled brat ;P

Chantal said...

Oh, I forgot to say that I love the little brunette sign. Cool!

Nicole said...

OMG Chantal I love you! That is exactly how it is!
Next year I'm going to rig it so I get a friend and a friend gets me. lol.
I know I know, karma and all that. But I just don't care.

Isn't that brunette thing cute! I have more. They'll pop up eventually.

Anonymous said...

Does everybody here see what I have to live with every day? It only gets worse...LOL!!!

Uhm..is there anybody you don't hate at work? Name 4 people you actually like? LOL!!

You got something worth $50, you didn't get jipped, you got lucky. Suck it up. And maybe she plans on giving you the balance on christmas eve, ever think of that? Brat...

Luv ya!

Nicole said...

Josh,
Ummm, you live with me do you really want to start an argument with me over this??? I promise you you won't win.