Sunday, July 16, 2006

Where else but the Jersey Shore???

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So we woke up today with nothing to do and decided it's such a nice day let's hit the beach. So since it was just hubby and I with the kids we decided to do a beach with no board walk and hopefully less teenagers. You know more of a family beach? So we hit up Island State Beach (I think that's what it's called, lol) So anyway after driving almost two hours, I swear it never took that long before, we get there. It's a beautiful day, perfect for the shore. I actually go in the water. All the way up to my chest!!!! For anyone who doesn't' know me, I am petrified of sharks. I don't' care if you tell me they aren't in the jersey shore, I don't care. It's the ocean they can be ANYWHERE!!! But I go in. And can anyone tell me where on earth besides the Jersey shore THIS would happen??? My kids are playing right where the water hits the sand, you know how it is they run up to the water and when it comes after them the run away? Well we're doing this when I notice my son is grabbing at something in the water. So when I look to see what it is he has just picked up and thrown what do I see???? A FREAKING PANTY LINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I almost had a freak attack, who does that??? Who wears one with a bathing suit IN THE WATER and takes it off IN THE WATER!!! GROSS, PUKE, NASTY!!! Only on a Jersey beach!

Not to mention my husband that ALWAYS is in the water and playing with the kids refused to go in today. He keeps saying he doesn't want to get sandy. WTF??? He never cares about that, then he keeps saying he's tiered. I let him sleep in till almost 12pm today, I'm just not getting it. Well a little back story here, JD played football all through JR High and High School, till his senior year he really screwed up his back. Ever since it's been a off and on thing. Well this past Christmas it got so bad he couldn't move, literally. It was bad and it lasted almost a week. He did some physical therapy and said there isn't much else to do but surgery. Well he opted out on that. So his backs been pretty good since. But today when we were getting ready to leave, since he wasn't feeling well, he fell face down in the sand! Not joking. He tried to get up, and it just hit him full force. He couldn't move, he was face down in the sand and I had to try to massage out the spot that was spasming (sp?) well it took us a good 45 min. to get him off the beach. I had to make two trips back to get our stuff since he couldn't carry anything, and the first time I was his human crutch. So now we have no idea how it'll be come morning. If he'll even be able to work and how long it'll last this time.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Which really sucks since he just signed on to be the assistant coach for our sons football team. Yup you heard it right my little boy is playing his first year of football! He is sooo excited. When JD told him he was going to be one of his coach's J said "that is VERY cool!" it totally made JD's day. Let's just pray his back it up to the task. Prayers please!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Now I need to find a good dance school for A. As soon as J and JD were talking about football she looked at me and said "what am I going to do mommy?" AWWWWW! I need to get her into something, NOW!!!

Just so you know that I KNOW my pictures suck! I can't format them on blogger, it won't let me. So they are coming here right from my photobucket account. Sorry! I'm not nifty enough to make it look cool all on my own.

6 Comments:

Grace said...

First of all..GROSS! Who in their right mind would leave a freakin' panty liner out there. YUCK!

Second, poor JD! I hope he feels better soon! A bad back would be hell.

And awwwww! The little one is going to be playing football? How cute is that! You definitely need to keep us posted on that..and whatever A chooses to sign up for!

thejerkstore said...

i was at the beach both days this weekend. i wasn't lucky enought to get any panty liners. nothing is worse than back pain. has he tried a chiropractor? i threw my back out like an old man a couple months ago and it really helped.

Nicole said...

Grace: Thanks so much for the sympathy! JD tried to get up this morning and it just isn't happening. It's getting worse and worse. I called the doctors office but they are closed for another 45 min. And I have to work in an hour! Poor baby, he'll have to stay in bed till I get back. Good thing it's an early day and I'll be back by 3.

And yeah my little boy is playing football. And you'd think since it is for 5yr. olds it would be two hand touch or flag right? But no it is freaking TACKLE!!!! I am soooo scared. And all the parents have to go to this behavior class before the season starts! To funny, JD has to take a coaching behavior class too. I'll keep you all up to date!

Jerk: He went to the chiropracters a LOOOONNNNGGGG time ago, when it all started and it did work for the moment. But it had no long term effects on his back. I don't remember all the technical names for what's the matter with his back, he's had a MRI and all done. I know what ever it is that is wrong with his disks it's three of them. ??? We'll find out more today I guess.

And no pantie liner for you? LUCKY! Guess it was all saved up for me. Aren't I the lucky girl! Ewww. But besides that wasn't this weekend (at least sunday, I worked on sat.) a great beach time? What beach did you hit up? We were going to do OC but swiched last min.

Isabel said...

A pantyliner??? Ewwwwwwwww That is really gross.

Maybe put her in soccer or dance. :)

Rowena said...

Okay that is disflippingusting! But that crap happens here in Cali too, YUCK!

Dude, that sucks about JD, good thoughts for him, good thoughts for him...

That's so cool that J is in football now, right now my nephew Chance is playing baseball, he made the All Star Team so it's All Stars Season right now with games EVERY week, pretty soon he'll be playing football too, how cute...I hope that JD will be better by the time football season starts up!

And Brenna is playing soccer, she's so excited about it..you should totally put A in soccer, but dance classes could be fun too!

Hugs!

Nicole said...

A is playing fall soccer, but thats not now. I think I'll do dance for the summer. A rocks at soccer, J played during the fall and A always did what they did just on the sidelines and I swear she is better than alot of J's team. lol.