Sunday, October 22, 2006

Friendly's ..... yeah, not so friendly

Friday night Jordon stayed at my mom's house and Abby had her first sleep over at a friends house. So kid free night, what do we do? Hit the movies, Josh has been dying to see Employee of the Month, he's a Dane Cook FREAK!!! I think he's funny too, but not as much as Josh does. Truth be told? The movie was not as funny as I thought it'd be. But I'm straying from the point.....after the movie we are starving! We decide to hit Friendly's for some food, they have great everything. When we pull up I see they are open till midnight, and it's now 11:24pm (on the dot!) so we go in. I mean I work in a mall, we're open till 9:30pm, customers can come in till 9:30pm. So as we're walking in, before we even get to the hostess counter, I see the girl shaking her head. When we get to her she says "Are you just getting ice cream?" and I reply "No." so she say "Well we close at 12 is that okay?" (all snotty like) so I look at her all innocence and say "As long as my food comes out with enough time for me to eat it that'll be fine." as I give her a big fake smile. So she has an attitude but takes us to the table.
The waiter was great, I asked if there was anything I could not order since it was late, and he said no. That they were still open so I could have whatever I wanted. Since he was nice I was nice. I got him our order as fast as I could and didn't dilly dally. Meanwhile the snotty hostess is chatting with her friends over in this corner, and I know she's talking about me, so I keep giving her snotty looks (yes I know it was childish, but she was really irking me!).
Anyway, we ate and finished before this group of people that were there before we even got there. So as we're walking out, the hostess is by the door, Josh looks at his watch and goes "Nicole? What time is it?" and I go "Oh look at that, it's 11:56pm four minutes before closing." and then I turned and gave her another big fake smile. lol.
So that was a fun night. ah ha.


~ Nicole

11 Comments:

Isabel said...

ha ha. I would've tried to leave exactly at midnight.

Mailyn said...

LMFAO. You should have stayed till after midnight just to piss her off! What an idiot, sheesh.

Nicole said...

I know, I told Josh we should have gone back in and been like "you know what? I decided to get some ice cream after all." lol.

DC said...

Yeah! Put that bitch in her place!!!

Kelley Nyrae said...

LOL you are too funny. I would have done the ice cream thing. That would have been great.

*~*Cece*~* said...

I can't STAND people like that! Seriously, if you don't want to stay late b/c a customer walks in then DON'T take a job in the service industry!

Isabel said...

Oh Jazz, have you ever seen Waiting? lol. I hope that didn't happen.

Nicole said...

DC~ You know I did. lol.
Kelly~ I really really wish I did!
Cece~ I know. I mean yeah, after a long day I get annoyed when people walk in the store last minute. But I know that I'm not right. And the people that walk in my store come to just look. I was buying food!!!
Izzy~ No I never saw it, what happens?

Anonymous said...

HA! My cousin actually used that line at our local friendlys when the waitress was being an a-hole.

"For a place called friendlys this place sure isn't so friendly!"

--Sunrise-- said...

lol!! put her in her place huh? :)

hope ur feeling better... read ur 'sick' post... r u feeling better?

Nicole said...

Zeek~ I should have said that to her too. Damn the things you think of afterwards, right? lol.

La Chou~ Yeah, how funny would that be. But still if it closes at 12am I persoanly take it as that's when they don't take anymore people in, they should lock the doors at 11:30 if they want everyone out by 12.

Sunrise~ Awww, thanks for asking. Wish I could say I'm better. But no, still blowing my nose every two seconds and hacking my head off. It's just bad.