Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sorry I've been MIA...

So not much going on here. On Saturday I went to a book convention/fair with my girl Rene (yes that's Rene Lyons. lol) but you can go to SF and read about that. You all know I don't like to blog on books here since I have an entire blog just for that.

The gym thing is going good. But like I said you'll have a weekly update on that. So hang tight, I think I'll post it every.....Friday. Sound good? Good.

I had two freak outs since yesterday! NO I'm not joking, just listen...

First I got a call from Jordon's teacher yesterday. She wants a conference! OMG I start to panic, she says it's not his behavior (he's a great boy (to quote her)) but it's about his progress. Now we already have Parent Teacher Conferences in November. But she wants to do this now. Like this can be good! I think NOT! Now I know Holly's already told me to calm down and go with an open mind, that I don't KNOW what she wants to say. But I already have all these ideas in my head. Like it's got to be about his reading/writing, and if it is I'm gonna flip shit on her. Let me fill you in. My son didn't go to pre-school or anything till now, Kindergarten. And as his mother I taught him to write his name, how to count, the alphabet, colors all that stuff. But to read? I don't have the first clue how to teach someone to read. Did I go to school for that? Ummmm NO, that's what teachers are for. I live in a rich area. Am I? No a far cry from it. We rent a condo over here since it's close to Josh's job. But most people have money. There are either two working parents, or moms that stay home just to have their own time and still put their kids in pre-school. Well guess what? Pre-school isn't free, so Jordon didn't go. I couldn't afford it! So while a lot, if not most, of the kids in his class have been in a school environment for 1-2 years already learning things (reading/writing) Jordon hasn't. And for his teacher to hold him to the standards of these other kids is going to send me into a rage. Kindergarten is the first REAL year of school, this is the year his TEACHER should be teaching him these things. I'm the mom, I encourage his learning, help with the homework, but I shouldn't be the one teaching him these things. I'm not qualified for that. Ugggg. Okay Holly! I'm done!

Weew.

Second freak out. Today before I went to the gym I stopped to pick up some water and a magazine to read. I got People, and there was a big article about the school shooting in the Amish community near by. So while doing my cardio I read the article, almost had me crying in the gym, now it's all fresh in my mind. Everyday I go to Jordon's bus stop at 11:45 am and his bus arrives withing 7 minutes of my arrival. Well today I'm waiting ..... and waiting.... and freaking out! Where the hell is the bus? It is now 15 min. since I've been waiting....I walk to the corner, don't see the bus. I'm on the phone with my best friend and am freaking to her. Josh comes home for lunch and asks why I'm out there since Jordon is usually home and in the house already. So yeah, I'M FREAKING! Well about 5 minutes later a bus rolls in. Freaking going like 1 mph! Not his normal bus. This freaking moron drove so slow no wonder she was so late! OMG talk about giving a parent a heart attack. I'm thinking the freaking bus is being held ransom or something somewhere. SHUT UP! I'm a mom, I'm allowed to be dramatic! When it stopped I gave her a nasty look, kissed my baby and walked away. They better not use her again!

So another think I'm kinda annoyed about.....I'm having one of those party/demonstration things. It's a really cool concept and I like there stuff. Now I don't do these things normally but I want something and figured why not have a party and earn it for free if not at least discounted. Well it's a create your own jewelry thing, all Sterling Silver, 14Kt gold, Swarovski Chrystal, and blown glass. Very nice stuff. They have necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and anklets. Oh even watches! So I send invitations to everyone! I mean EVERYONE!!! What happens? Almost everyone on Josh's side has "something" to do already, my side? No one even freaking RSVP's! Which is no surprise, they never do. So as of now I have my best friend and her mom (who are driving from Delaware! Talk about a great friend!) and she might be bringing another friend, my sister and her friends, maybe my other sister and mom, and two girlfriends from work! I swear I invited about 30 people or so. A lot of my friends from when I lived in PA had some type of excuse too. Now I know it's about a 40 min. drive, but when they have things I go, and I made it on a Friday night so more people would come! Ugg whatever!

So anyway, I am having this party and if anyone is interested to look at the stuff here is the link. If you like something you can email me at jazzy_pez@yahoo.com or Lori Cole (who is the representative) at lorycole@aol.com, and order, it will get shipped right to you. I asked her about all that since I have some friends far away, and she said it isn't a hassle at all since everyone that orders gets their stuff sent right to them. So check it out.

Well I think I'm done. I complained enough for the day. Maybe I'll be back tomorrow with some good stuff to talk about. Maybe....

~ Nicole

12 Comments:

Isabel said...

More and more kids are going to pre school I've noticed. I know I didn't go when I was little and I was fine.

But yeah, if it's expensive, guess, they aren't going.

Good luck with the conference

Deb said...

And I thought I was having freak out moments! That school shooting is just awful----now there are copycats doing the same crap. What makes a person literally that insane to want to do something so horrible like that is beyond me.

Hope you're doing great!

DC said...

You're right Jazz, it's unreasonable to expect kindergarteners to be able to read. Hope that the conference goes well. And one more thing. I hate to be brutally honest, but I personally don't like those type of parties like the one that you're doing. Even if you were my closest friend, it would probably make me really uncomfortable because I would feel like I'm being forced to buy something to be your friend. Sorry, Jazz. Maybe that explains the lack of participation?
By the way, I just posted my last installment of JAFO! I am done with him! (at least, for now)

Nicole said...

La Chou, love you too! Thanks for the comment! And I'm with you on the money thing. lol.

Izzy, I know I think I went to pre-school but then my mom didn't do it for my brother or sisters. And my brother is alot smarter than me. lol.

Deb, Isn't it crazy? I was reading on it and it said something like he molested two girls in his family years ago and felt guilty for it. So what the heck does that have to do with killing innocent girls now? Does that make up for it in his sick twisted mind???

Drake, No I don't think it's that. Cause I specifically told everyone that even if they didn't want to get anything to come and hang since alot of them haven't seen my fairly new place. They are family and we're close so they know I wouldn't give a crap if everyone came and nobody bought. That's not me. I'll be over to see what you'll be posting next. Good job with finishing your story, at least for now. Right?

I'll let everyone know how the conferance goes afterwards. It's on thursday afternoon.

Suzette said...

You are a mother..no doubt about it. I feel you about the preschool thing. I didnt send my kids either and Jordan my seven year old is in second grade and has not had any problems. Good Lord, like they dont have enough years to be in school, you wanna throw them in pre-school?! If you want them there for the social aspect, great! Although I think play dates can help with that. They(our kids) shouldnt be held to the same standards as kids who do go to preschool. I agree 100%! As to the bus being late. Shit, doesnt matter how old the kid is, you still worry. That happened with my son too recently. Bus broke down but i was waiting an extra 15 minutes!
Now that I have run my mouth I will go check out the jewelry you mentioned. BTW, this is Suzette(met you on Sat 7 at conference)the girl who was having dinner with Rene and party...LOL Wasnt sure if you recalled who I was.

Suzette said...

Jewelry is pretty. Great idea!

Rowena said...

Hey you!

Alright, here are my thoughts...I got the same call for a conference when Brenna was in 1st grade and I freaked the hell out, I thought my baby was dumb and she was going to tell me that but it was SO not like that, every trimester (at least at her school it's trimester) the students have to be reading, writing and doing math at a certain level at the end of each trimester (or quarter, whatever), she probably wants to meet with you to give you some stuff to help with Jordon's whatever he needs help with at home. She'll do all that she can at school to teach him, but there are things that we as parents can do to help things along, so maybe that's what she wants to meet with you, so stop freaking out and find out what she wants FIRST before you go all postal on her, LOL...I'm sure Jordon will be fine. Brenna didn't go to pre-school, neither did any of my nieces and nephews and they all turned out okay. Some pick up things quicker than others, it's all a matter of just helping the teachers and being apart of your child's school work. Take the time to check their work from home, be active in their school stuff, you know that kind of stuff...so no worries Nicks, you'll be fine and so will Jordon!

See, since we don't have the whole school bus thing here, my Dad or my sister, sometimes my brother pick up ALL of the kids from school, so I don't have to worry about the school bus being late, so I sympathize with you on that one, I'd freak the hell out if Brenna didn't come home when she was supposed to.

I didn't take you posting the link up for your party as you trying to make me want to buy anything from you so that I can be a good friend to you. You know that if I had the ends (thats ghetto talk for money) to spend, I'd buy something from you, but I don't feel like I have to buy anything from you, so again, you're good sweets...you'll be okay! =) I actually like going to these kinds of parties, like Party Lite, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, you know those kinds of parties because I always end up buying cool gadgets and that's always a plus! But good luck on that and I think it's uber cool that the bf is driving down from Delaware to be there for your party!

(((((Nicole)))))))

Hugs and Love you,
Wena

*~*Cece*~* said...

Good luck the conference. I'm sure everything will be alright.

And I hated when my oldest had to take a bus to school I would worry daily. Now a new school opened up right in our neighborhood so I take her myself and my grandma picks her up. No more bussing!

Cute jewlery, good luck with the party sales.

Deb said...

Jazz, unfortunately, people have problems--mental disfuctions that we cannot even begin to explain...nor understand. To me? It's the evil one planted his seed. We can only hope and pray that the good will overcome all!

Nicole said...

Suzette,
I remember you! Girl please. lol, okay so I didn't recognize the name till I read your comment on Rene's blog then I had a OH YEAH moment. lol. But it's all good now. I bloged about saterday on my other blog (Sancuary's Finest, find it on the left side bar) and mentioned you. I even linked your site. You have a kid named Jordan? Boy or girl? I love the name. Did you see how I changed up the spelling though? I always have to be differant, lol. Or dificult whatever way you see it. ha ha. Welcome to my blog by the way.

Dylan,
Thanks girl, and your right, you did write a freaking book here. ha ha. But I don't need to say anything else, we said it all on the phone. So just once more thanks. Oh and I love the parties too. Even if I can't buy, I like to go and hang.

Deb,
You got it! There is not real explanation except plain old evilness. It's so hard not to live in fear. That's why I don't know how I'd get through life without my faith to lean on.

Anne Rainey said...

as to school and your kids. I have one in junior high who never has to study and she gets straight A's and always has. Teachers love her, because they think she's such a great student. She's got a gift for remembering things, so tests come easy for her. I've another who is in middle school and works so hard just to get a C and it breaks my heart. She has to study twice as hard as her sister. Reading is the worst. She hates that subject, partly because she's not very good with comprehension. It's ironic because I was the same way when I was her age..and now I read every book I come across and write too. So, go figure. I try to remember this whenever I start stressing about school and grades and teachers: "Twenty years from now, will this really have that big an impact on her life?" If the answer is yes, then I need to deal with that and come up with a plan. If the answer is 'hell no', then I can relax a bit. I hope that helps!

As to the school shootings. All I can say is it's frightening and horrific and I just can't imagine why anyone would do such a thing. There's a place reserved in hell for these individuals, and the devil's gonna have a grand ole party with them, that's I can think to say.

In the meantime I pray and send my kids to school and hope they stay safe.

Mailyn said...

LOL @ you and the freaking out because I am the same way. In Vegas I kept being all worried about my babies and wondering if they were eating or scared or god-knows-what. Even my mom was missing them! I think it's OK to freak if you are a mom. Even if the babies aren't human. :-P