Tuesday, October 3, 2006

A Walk to Remember

This blog was inspired by Holly. I was just over on her blog hopping around and stumbled across her blog Movies that Make Me Cry. And just to give credit where it's due, Holly got the idea from Izzy and her post Tear Jerkers.

So when I was reading these blogs the one movie that popped into my head automatically was A Walk To Remember. O.M.G. talk about balling your eyes out EVERY FREAKING TIME! Well that's actually not so true. The first time I saw the movie I didn't even like it. Now let me explain.

I read the book first. LOVED IT!!! Had me crying like a baby. So when my sister got the movie and said she loved it I had to watch it. It was the very first time I watched a movie after I read the book. So I'm expecting it to all be the same.

Well maybe that was my mistake. I was mad that the father wasn't what I expected him to be. He didn't look at all like what he was described like in the book. And there were other things too but since it was almost 2 1/2 years ago I can't remember.

But for some reason I watched it again, I think my sister was over and kept playing it. Let me tell you the second time, I was all kinds of into it. I just had to let go of comparing the two. I mean the ending was the same and all so I let my imagination just go with the other changes.

So yeah, every time without fail I cry during this movie. As a matter of fact, I think I may just go watch it again, right now. Well as soon as I'm done this post. lol. Here is a clip of the movie when Mandy sings and she and her man share their first kiss. And the music video Cry from the movie. If I'm completely honest with you? I get chills and teary eyed just from watching these two video's.

A movie clip from A Walk to Remember


mandy moore music video


Some of my favorite parts?

1) When that mean picture gets passed around of Jamie, and Landon finds out and stands up for her, then runs after her. OMG LOVE him!!!

2) When Landon buys Jamie a new sweater

But the parts that make me cry??? I can't even put into words. I just love this movie.


Other movies that make me cry? Beaches! ALWAYS!!! And....ummmm.....oh freak what's up with my memory? I cry so easily during movies, and now I can't think of any. Hmmm, well if I do I'll put them in the comment section. But this post? Yeah, it's dedicated to my movie A Walk To Remember....

4 Comments:

Holly said...

Yeah, this movie always gets me. I love all the stuff he does for her. Being in 2 places at once, getting a tattoo, naming a star for her. *sigh* Sooo sweet! Love it! =)

Anne Rainey said...

I've never seen that movie. I heard about it and just knew I'd be balling like a baby if I went to see it...but now you're making me want to check it out.

love that song, btw.

Nicole said...

I know I keep replaying the song. Abby is in Dance now and she makes me put on her ballet shoes and play the first song and she dances. She is sooo freaking cute!

Kookie said...

There is just no no crying when watching this film...but I still absolutely love it...Nicholas Sparks is a genius!