Friday, October 27, 2006

How do you clean?

I never really gave this much thought until Josh brought it to my attention today. Let me give you the facts, I HATE TO CLEAN! But sometimes I get in the mood and spend all day cleaning.

Now this happened today and I thought I did this great job since I was at it all day. That is until that night when Josh says "did you actually clean outside of anything?" I didn't' know what the heck he was talking about.

He pointed out that I cleaned the inside of the stove, the sink, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, a load or two of laundry, the kids closet & dresser, and my bookshelves (go here to see the pretty organized shelves of mine!). All of which you can't really see. I didn't touch a vacuum, broom, dust mop, anything like this.

I think it is so funny that I didn't' even notice this fact till he pointed it out today. It's so true though. If we set aside a cleaning day Josh will clean like two rooms to my organizing one drawer. lol.

So my question to you today is .... is it only me? How do you clean?


~ Nicole

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you- cleaning YUK! But alas, it has to be done.

Isabel said...

I hate cleaning. Hate it soooo much. Lord. But it has to be done.

Kelley Nyrae said...

I hate to clean. See I'd much rather do the outside, then the inside stuff.

Deb said...

I'm relating. I hate to clean, but when I do clean, I LOVE IT. I obsess over everything and move things around---change things up a tad, and dust and polish every single inch of the house! My OCD kicks up ten notches!!!

Rowena said...

I hate to clean too! I'm glad that Chloe and Chelsea do most of it, so I don't have too..haha.

But dude, when I do clean I do clean the outside, the inside, vacuum the rugs, sweep the floors, ALL of that, LOL...

DC said...

I think he needs to stop complaining... I can't stand it when all that gets done is making the outside look pretty, and everything is crammed into a mess out of sight. What you did was extremely important, and it was the hard part. Once the inside is clean and organized, the outside is easy.

DC said...

Oh, and LOVE your new profile pic! Keep it!

Nicole said...

Zeek/Izzy,
See it's all us women. Why do we have to do it? So not fair!

Kelley,
I don't know why it just seems to be the first thing I do when I have to clean.

Deb,
I think I said it before, but I think I just might have some of that OCD too. lol.

Dylan,
See can't wait till my kids get old enough to clean. I always said when I was younger it was wrong for my mom to make me clean but now??? Hell no, I'm all for some help around here. lol.

Drake,
I know that's what I'm saying. He says it's easier to do all the stuff I don't do. I say then you do it and leave the inside stuff to me. It's what I'm good at and what I don't mind doing. And thanks, about the picture. I was bored so took some pics of myself. I'm such a dork. lol..

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm with you ... I hate cleaning too. So we don't invite anyone over cuz that means major cleaning.

Nicole said...

Teena,
That's so funny cause Josh likes when I have some sort of party cause that's the only time I'll do a major clean up. haha.