Thursday, October 12, 2006

Gym Update ~ Week 1

Monday~ 20 min. on elliptical, and leg workout with a little back stuff too. I was dying! Need to find a way to make cardio fun! Didn't really feel like I accomplished much with the leg stuff, I need to get a set of things I do all the time. You know? Anyway I was there for about an hour or so.

Tuesday~ I FOUND IT! I bought a magazine, PEOPLE, and read it while on the elliptical. 30 min flew by like nothing! And I burnt more calories than I did the last time I did 30 min. (Thursday last week). The last time it was only 250 calories, this time it was 275. Cool! I'm all proud. Then I did arms. I tried to focus on the backs of my arms but it's hard sometimes, thinking one machine does it then your arms sore in all the wrong places. lol. I'll get it sooner or later. ha ha.

Wednesday~ Yoga, 45 min. then 15 min. on the elliptical. Okay so this was the first time I ever tried yoga. It was pretty cool. I like all the stretching and relaxing, made me feel good. But didn't really make me feel like I had done a big workout. So I went to do the elliptical, but my motivation was gone and I ended up with only the 15 min. But better than nothing right?

Thursday~ Kickboxing class, 45 min. Loved it! I've definitely taken harder kickboxing classes than this, but at 8:30 in the morning this was perfect. I sweated my ass off!

Friday~ So today I missed. Uggg. But I have that party tonight and needed to do major cleaning and get food. Soooo, I'll go one day this weekend to make up for it.

How am I doing???


~ Nicole

11 Comments:

Kelley Nyrae said...

Damn girl. You kick butt!! Keep it up. I'm jealous.

*~*Cece*~* said...

Good job! I've noticed when I'm reading at the gym, too, time just flies by. This reminds me I need to hit the gym tomorrow...

dancechica said...

Wow. You’re kickin’ ass! I wish I had that kind of motivation. Keep going! ;-)

Season said...

Sounds like you are doing great!

Rowena said...

Keep it up friend, you can doooooooooo iiiiiiiitttttt! You're doing great sweets, call me when you get a chance because WE NEED TO TALK!

Rowena said...

..never mind, I'm calling you right now, PICK UP!

Anne Rainey said...

you completely inspire me. I've been wanting to get back into shape and this just motivates the hell out of me! awesome, Nikki...keep it up, you aren't just helping yourself you are inspiring the rest of us! {{{hugs}}}

Mailyn said...

Great workout! The gym can be fun when you find something to motivate you while you are there. For me it's my iPod. I try to listen to very fast music and then I try to keep up with it. LOL.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DC said...

I'm proud of you, just keep it fun and don't stop. You have to be persistent to see results.

Nicole said...

I'm so glad I came on here this morning. Cause for the last hour I've been sitting here telling myself I don't need to go today. But I do, and you all have just motivated me to do so. Of course now I have to go either right before work or after. Since the part that watches the kids is closed at 12 and it is 11 (Jordon will be home in a half hour). Soooo......

Anne Rainey said...

I came to see if you've been keeping at it! I did start my diet too...because of you!
so, that's one person you've encouraged!
{{{hugs}}}