Tuesday, October 3, 2006

I Can't Pray???

I saw this on a new blog I found, Everybody Can Just Bite My Ass, and had to post it. She got it from an email someone sent her, and I don't think it could be said any better. By the way, I love this new blog. So funny, and great topics. It's going on my Blogs I love List.

After being interviewed by the school administration, the teaching prospect said, "Let me see if I've got this right:

"You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.

"You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

"You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.

"You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial
behavior, and make sure that they all pass the state exams.

"You want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

"You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.

"You want me to do all this and then you tell me...

"I CAN'T PRAY?"


Oh and by the way, glad I went with Nicole instead of Nikki. Cause this is the second or third blog I found by a Nikki, and we're all spelled the same way. lol.


~ Nicole

10 Comments:

La Bella Lady said...

Point well taken.
Thank you for reminding us of the value we forget to put on our teachers. Personaly, my favorite teacher was in 7th grade: Mrs.Farrari-English Teacher who was definitly in it for the kids not the $$$$

Nicole said...

I went to a Private Christian school so beleive me the teachers were not in it for the money. I loved my fourth grade teacher, we called him Coach. He was great. And my high school History teacher, he also happened to be the VP, Brother Newman. Oh and my English teacher Sister Gumminey. See how you don't even remember the good ones till you sit and take a minute? I'm glad I'm remembering them now. They were truly great teachers.

Mailyn said...

I don't get it. LOL.

Anonymous said...

HA! Cool! I'm adding her to my blog rounds too!

LOL Mai! You're from Canada right?

Nicole said...

No Zeek, Mailyn is from here. lol.

Mailyn,
They took prayer outta public schools and it's just saying how much they/we expect from the teachers, for how little they get. And they don't even get the option to pray in school. To just give themselves and the kids a little encouragement with prayer. Guess it doesn't mean anything if you don't pray (which I don't know if you do) But that's the jist of it. It touched me.

~Nicole

Nikki said...

Thanks so much Nicole. I really appreciate the link.

and I'm glad you liked that email.

Nicole said...

Nikki,
I really enjoyed your blog all around. But this email hit home. Thanks for sharing it. And I'll definetly be around your blog more often.

Holly said...

I'm going to check out her blog, too. And yeah, it's sad how much we expect our teachers to do for so little.

Rowena said...

Haha...thats a good one!

Nicks, you are a blog pimp, you're always showing us different blogs to check out! =)

Anne Rainey said...

I gotta check out that blog. TOO TRUE!!!