Monday, August 14, 2006

24 hour drive trough with a late night menu...

So last night I'm talking to my girl Holly it's about 9:30pm her time but past midnight mine. So we're chatting and I say how I am not even really hungry but want to eat something cause I'm bored so she says "Me too! I'm craving something, like McDonald's fries" and I'm all "Mmmmm how bout there new snack wrap? That's good, and cheap" and here's the rest of what happens:

Holly~ "Talk me out of going to McDonald's."
Me~ "If you go I'll go."
Holly~ "Your not helping! And anyway it's 10 miles away."
Me~ "Oh mines only across the street. Hmmm, let's go anyway. Now I really wanna snack wrap."
Holly~ "Okay I'm going (in her wife beater and shorts, lol). Oh but then I'll need to get gas. Is it worth it?"
Me~ "Yeah! Now it is definitely worth it! You get to sleep in earlier tomorrow morning now since you won't have to get gas. Now you have to go."
(See how easily I justify a late night snack?)

Okay so she's off, and I'm getting up to look for my car keys. Okkkaaayyyy, where the heck are my keys? It is now almost 1am and I am tiptoeing through my house so not to wake my husband or kids and looking for my keys. I can't freaking find them. Meanwhile Holly has gotten gas, ordered and is waiting in line to get her food (the drive through line).

As a last resort I say to Holly "Okay I'm gonna go see if maybe my car is unlocked and I left them on the seat or something, and if not I have JD's car keys and I'll scrap around his car for money." (Oh yeah, did I mention I HAVE to drive my car cause my money is in there). So my car is locked (big surprise) but when I get into my husbands car guess what I find??? My truck keys in his dash! I wanted to scream! All the searching and here they are just sitting there.

Anyway now the race is on. Me and Holly wanna enjoy our McDonald's together. She's still waiting in line as I pull outta my parking lot. I'm off. I get to McDonald's about to order and Holly is STILL waiting.

Okay so I know what I want: one snack wrap & one medium iced coffee.
I go to order and I get this back
MD~ "I can get you the Iced Coffee but we don't make the Snack Wrap after a certain time."
Me~ "Are you serious? That's what I want!"
MD~ "Sorry, there is a special late night menu out there."
Me~ huffing and puffing "Fine, I'll take the 3-pc. Chicken Selects."

So I pull up (Holly is still waiting *snicker*) and the woman tells me she is going to make my snack wrap after all. Ummm thanks but why all the hassle if she was going to do it anyway? So I get my iced coffee (perfection) and my snack wrap (yummm) and FINALLY Holly gets her food too. lol.

So moral of the story? Don't talk to Holly on the phone late at night, it is fattening. lol. Love you girl!

Oh and when I got back home, my parking spot was taken...I had to park all far. AND I had to run to the dumpster to hide all evidence of my late night snack.

9 Comments:

Kay said...

Are the Snack Wraps really that good? Now I want to try one.
Did Holly go to a "Special" McDonalds or something? Why'd it take so long? I would have been pissed the hell off if I were her.

Nicole said...

Kay,
They are good, not great. But last night I just had this craving. It's a good snack. Just like the fruit and yogurt pafai (sp?) they have. Love them. lol.
Yeah, Holly must have been at a special McDonalds. lol. Poor girl.

MWAOTM,
Tnanks for the compliment! On my blog. And don't worry, it's your blog, I don't mind your dirty thoughts. lol.

Holly said...

It's all your fault! I TOLD you to talk me out of it, and if I hadn't been on the phone with you, I never would have gone. I would have talked myself out of going and ate some yogurt or something. Jerk face.

Kay,
The McDonald's closest to my house (which is ten miles away) is SOOO not the poster store for FAST FOOD. It's crappy, but the next closest one is 25 miles, so I'm stuck unless I want to drive an extra fifteen miles. You know? And I HAVE complained, but it doesn't do any good. And gosh, you should see their inside service if you think my drive-thru wait was bad.

Isabel said...

OMG! That's funny! ha ha. You two are crazy.

Mailyn said...

OMG you people are terrible!! I thought you were supposed to be on adiet. lol.

DC said...

That was the lamest phone date I've ever heard. You both should have went club-hopping.

Grace said...

LMAO! I love that you convinced Holly to grab the midnight snack with you!

Although, now I'm totally craving what you had last night. And it's not even lunch time! LOL.

Nicole said...

OMG I am so not craving MD's anymore! I just got home from the gym, and it was a hard work out. I know last night couldn't have made that big a deal but still.

Your right Mailyn! I am supposed to be on a diet. But you know what? I suck at dieting. So I just try and do better than usual, and usually I would have had french fries too. lol.

thejerkstore said...

iced coffee? is that a good choice at midnight?