Friday, August 18, 2006

Twice this week!

Morons have tried to pick me up! Let me give you a run down of both. They are both ridiculously lame.

Okay background info, I work in a jewelry store. We clean jewelry from us or not, we cannot turn someone away. It really sucks cause we have those guys with their ghetto chains and rings coming in. So this is what happened the other day.

First Guy~
I'm at work (oh, I'm wearing a straight black skirt, slit in back, black strappy high heels, white cami, with a sort grey jacket) and these three guys walk up. I ask them how they are and if I can help them (I already see the one guy checking me out). One guy pulls out a BAG full of ghetto jewelry and is like "you clean jewelry, right?"
Me~ "Sure."
Him~ Cool, here you go." (handing me all his ghettoness)
So I turn to go to the cleaner and I hear the one guy say "Damn!" I ignore them all. While at the cleaner I go to put my hair up so it doesn't get in my face as I'm cleaning his jewelry and I hear "I'll do that for you mami." So finally I turn and look him dead in the eye and say "Excuse me?" and he's all "You Spanish?" Me "I'm half Puerto Rican." Him "I knew it from that sexy ass walk of yours." Me "Hmmm, really? I didn't' know you could tell nationalities from the way one walks!" and I turn away. Gave him his stuff and walked to the back of the store. Okay how lame was that? He could tell what I was cause of my 'sexy ass walk'??? Get a new pick up line!


Okay now, I work in jewelry and know the rules to follow, but I rarely do! But the other day I tried to remember, so before getting in the shower I took off my wedding and engagement rings and put them on the counter. What did that result in? Me forgetting to put the back on and went to work with my cheaters ring only (the tan line on my ring finger). And this is what happened.

Second Guy~

I greet a customer and ask him if I can help him. He looks at me and smiles and says I helped him with his wife's gift last year. I smile and pretend to remember him. So on we go, he's looking for a gift for his daughter. So he's smiling and joking and on and on. So finally after about 45 min. of BS he settles on a ring. I'm about to ring it up and he's all. "So are you married?" Me "Yup! Six years now." and he's all "OH, where's your rings?" Me, "forgot them on the counter at home, I hate that." Him "Well I'm glad your married." Me, "oh?" Him, "yeah I was thinking, damn she better be taken or that's a waste of a fine woman." Me (tight smile) "Thanks, here's your purchase. Have a nice night." Walk away.

OMG, is it me or are all men's pickup lines just plain horrible???

9 Comments:

Nicole said...

I know. lol, but still sometimes I just have to shake my head at the things guys say.

Kelley Nyrae said...

Men really have no clue. Do they really think we want to hear stuff like that?

LH said...

Hey Jazz! Just found your blog. Glad I did. I know EXACTLY what you mean. It's like that "psssssst" sound they make when you walk by. What the?! I never want to meet the woman who actually responds to that sound.

I will visit again!

Nicole said...

Thanks for stopping by laurzeilei, hope to see you around more! And OMG do I know what you mean. lol.

Isabel said...

YEah, guys have lame pick up lines. lol.

Mailyn said...

LOL, they are so idiotic at times you have to wonder if they actually believe they will get a woman that way. Then I also wonder if there are any woman dumb enough to fall for that junk. LOL.

DC said...

So, what are the lines you do go for? (Hypothetically, of course?)

Nicole said...

How bout just asking normal questions. Or instead of saying "your sexy ass walk" say something nice like "you have a great smile." Not body parts, you know! Look at our face or something.

thejerkstore said...

it infuriates me that men talk to women like this. the woman hears shit like this everyday at work. there is no such thing as respect anymore.