Thursday, August 10, 2006

Really Pissed.....Maybe a new Job oppertunity?

Okay first off I got really pissed at the gym tonight. One of the things I loved about my gym when I signed up was that is was open to 12midnight, I'm a very late person. So to be able to go to the gym at 9pm or even 10pm and get a good workout is great for me. So when I moved over to where I am now the only gym by me was only open till 11pm, SUCK! But within the last 6 months they built a new gym right by my house, yeay me! And guess what? It's open till midnight. Which may I point out they are all the same gym why the different hours? Stupid. Anyway, I get done work about 9:45pm and get to the gym right before 10pm. So I'm doing my cardio thing and am about to finish up when I hear an announcement, something something 15 min., finish you work out. blah blah blah. Well I look at the clock and it is only 10:45. So I'm all confused but like I told you all it's been a few months since I've been to the gym. So I am thinking they changed their hours. Well I try and rush through some arm things and am heading out around 5 of 11. When I leave I notice lots of people still there, and this one guy just walking into the gym. So here's my thoughts, either the gym is retarded and he was making a 1 hour and 15 min. announcement (who does that?) and I misheard, or they changed their hours and nobody knew and nobody else heard the announcement I did (fat chance huh?), or the guy working read the clock wrong and made the announcement at the wrong time (I'm going with this one!). So regardless I am pissed cause I had to cut my workout short! But I did come home and do some dumb bell arm things. But I don't think it did much cause I don't really know what to do with them.

Okay on to the new job possibility. I can sell! I've sold cosmetics and skin care, I've sold Jewelry, I've sold Avon, I've sold ugly country stuff. Point being I am good at sales! It's my nitch, I got it down. So I've been considering going to real estate school for awhile now. And just this week we got a new person working with us and she just got her license. So I've been asking her questions and she said if she sells one house she makes more money than she does working one month at our job! OMG, I am really gonna have to do this. And it also seems really good for me cause since my kids are both gradually starting school I need to find a career for myself, what do I really wanna do? I definitely don't want to stay in retail! Yuck! But I can picture myself doing real estate. I mean I know you gotta work hard, but in the long run it's something you can do on your own and really make big. I think I just might be going for this. What do you all think?

9 Comments:

thejerkstore said...

you can either do that, or start turning tricks. either way you can make your own hours and the money is good.

Nicole said...

LOL, hmmmm decisions decisions. Now I really don't know what to do.

Holly said...

I'd go with the hooking if I was you, but since I already work in real estate my opinion might be biased. LOL J/K

To be honest, having worked in the real estate profession for five years now, it's a good, solid place to be. People are always going to need to buy houses. But it's very cut-throat and you have to know what you're doing, because even the slightest mistake can cost thousands.

Just don't expect to walk in the door and make money. It doesn't work that way. But if you have questions, I have answers, so hit me up. You know I have my license, right?

Grace said...

I think if real estate is what you really want, then go for it. It may not be easy like Holly said, but having a passion for your career will go a long way. :)

Nicole said...

Cut-throat? Yeah, been there done that, I'm out to make a living not friends. I can deal. lol.
Qua (that's what we'll call the girl I'm working with that I was talking to about this) said they tell you it usually takes 6 weeks to sell your first house but she did it in 3. So I guess it's all about how motivated you are.
Holly,
Didn't know you were in real estate, or that you had your license. I know your a loan officer, well I guess it all connects right? Did you ever sell houses?
My dad is into it in a differant aspect, he buys houses, fixes them and rents them. He and a few other family members have a buisness, going on a few years now. He's all about me doing this. He swears I'd blow it out of the water. He has such faith in me! Gotta love my daddy.
I really think I can do this. I'm kinda excited. I know how the commission works and how it splits, and the way stuff is selling over here? Phhh, I'm good. So I just have to find the time to take the class.
6weeks part time. Or 2weeks full time.

thejerkstore said...

or you can turn tricks. it seems to me you are just glossing that over.

Mailyn said...

yikes! no offense but it sounds boring. the again, the concept ot working for me is boring. sheesh, I make a great adult don't I!

I'd go with jerks idea. much more fun and fast paced. especially when you are running from the police. then youd' be doing your exercise AND your work all at once.

no need to thank me. ;-P

Nicole said...

Great points Mailyn! lol.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »